Rescue in Home Office

Idea ID 2787086

Rescue in Home Office

0 Votes
I was working on a Notebook provide by my employer with windows 10 and a disk encrypted with zenworks (what i did not recognize till it was too late).
As I ususally had access to linux in my company on an other computer, resized the windows partition with windows 10 and installed a small debian. Wenn installing grub, there was a message that sector 5 was skipped because of ZISD but grub did not recognize windows. Besides the large windows partition there exists a second encrypted one with about 504 MB, wich is untouched.

It is ok that encrytion should be safe and not easily cracked by root kits etc, but I think there should be an easy way to recover mbr or gpt without loosing all data.

If this option in my case already exists, why you don't offer a download, with which one can create a rescue stick without the need of a computer with zenworks?
1 Comment
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.