ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

File Migration (Cleanup) Utility

File Migration (Cleanup) Utility

This utility will compare a source and destination file tree and sync files between the two, compensating for failed previous copy attempts (resulting in 0kb files), issues resulting from *exceptionally* long directory structure and file names, as well as date sync issues. I made this utility specifically to compensate for issues arising from our migration of our old eDirectory server to our new server.

I'm happy to answer questions and correct issues, if I can and if time allows. Feel free to email.

The options are self explanatory, the tool will add any scanned directory to a cache skip list, on a second run any directory scanned previously will be skipped. You can press the 'Reset Logged Directories' button to reset this behavior.

Tool is provided as is, no warranty. I take no responsibility if this tool causes ANY damage, destroys your file system deletes files or takes away your birthday!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Attachments

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments
It seems the utility does not copy sub directory files, but only the parent directory. Is there any option for it to copy sub directoiries as well or we have to go to each sub directory? We do the Simulate, and it shows sub directories as well, but when we run the real copy, only the parent directories are copied.
1. files and folders wasn't delete on target, if they doesn't exist on source
2. the same file on the target was overwrite, if it is newer
3. no trustees was copied

I would like to test., how it works with long file name
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎2020-03-10 17:30
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.