marieno2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[2.7.7.11] NetIQ Certificate Server plugin error

Hi all,

I just installed iManager 2.7.7.11 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.
When I browse to "NetIQ Certificate Server" > "Configure Certificate Authority", I get the following error:

"NetIQ Certificate Server plugin encountered an error. Click the Details button for more information."

Below are the details:

java.lang.NullPointerException\r\n
at com.novell.admin.PKI.certificate.eDir.eDirCertificateManagerVariables.getNativeAPIVersion(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.admin.PKI.certificate.eDir.eDirCertificateManager.cmmSupportsExtendedKeyUsage(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.admin.PKI.certificate.KeyUsage.(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.admin.PKI.certificate.CertInfo.(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.admin.PKI.wizard.CertWizard.A(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.admin.PKI.wizard.CertWizard.(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.admin.PKI.wizard.CertWizard.(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.admin.PKI.wizard.CertWizard_Create_CA.(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.admin.PKI.tasks.LaunchCAWizard.A(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.admin.PKI.tasks.LaunchCAWizard.execute(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.emframe.dev.Task.execute(Task.java:505)\r\n
at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.processRequest(BaseGadgetInstance.java:858)\r\n
at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.GadgetManager.delegateToGadget(GadgetManager.java:4256)\r\n
at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.LaunchService.onDelegateAction(LaunchService.java:86)\r\n
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)\r\n
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)\r\n
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)\r\n
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)\r\n
at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.handleAction(BaseGadgetInstance.java:2371)\r\n
at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.GadgetManager.processInstanceRequest(GadgetManager.java:1609)\r\n
at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.GadgetManager.processServiceRequest(GadgetManager.java:1062)\r\n
at com.novell.nps.PortalServlet.handleFrameService(PortalServlet.java:509)\r\n
at com.novell.nps.PortalServlet.processRequest(PortalServlet.java:373)\r\n
at com.novell.nps.PortalServlet.doPost(PortalServlet.java:279)\r\n
at com.novell.nps.PortalServlet.doGet(PortalServlet.java:262)\r\n
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:624)\r\n
at com.novell.emframe.fw.servlet.AuthenticatorServlet.service(AuthenticatorServlet.java:344)\r\n
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)\r\n
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)\r\n
at com.novell.emframe.fw.filter.CrossScriptingFilter.doFilter(CrossScriptingFilter.java:30)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)\r\n
at com.novell.emframe.fw.filter.AntiCsrfServletFilter.doFilter(AntiCsrfServletFilter.java:288)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:219)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:110)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:615)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:962)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)\r\n
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:445)\r\n
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1115)\r\n
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:637)\r\n
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:318)\r\n
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)\r\n
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)\r\n
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)\r\n
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)\r\n

I already had a look to this forum and tested some solutions, but none of them solved the issue.
Could you please help me on that topic?

Many thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: [2.7.7.11] NetIQ Certificate Server plugin error

Out of curiosity, which found solutions have you tested?

Could you explain the steps you followed for your installation?

Is this box doing anything else or is it just an iManager server at this
point?

Which version of the eDirectory plugins do you have? Presumably they are
8.8.x plugins, but maybe you installed Certificate Server plugins
directly, which I never do, so that may be a difference between our setups.

Is it safe to assume the eDirectory machine hosting the Certificate
Authority (CA) is up, and an 8.8.x version of eDirectory?

Have you tried using iManager Workstation on a system to see if it behaves
any better? Installing it just involves extracting the archive with its
files and running the appropriate iManager startup script after installing
NICI first. You still need to install the eDirectory plugins, but that's
easy enough to do.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.