Captain
Captain

Best practice to create an eDirectory test env

Jump to solution

Hi Community,

does anyone of you have  best practice to create an eDirectory test environment ?

I need to create a "clone" of my production tree, on only one server(different server name/ip range).

I have backups (ndsbackup and dsbk) available. But my production tree is referencing 20 servers with 3 partitions and about 5 replica's.

What are the steps and order needed after the restore ?

Thanks,

PS : this will give me the opportunity to test DRP.

Pascal

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If you can forever isolate it, you could restore one replica with all partitions to an isolated network, and then delete all the other servers to clean it up.  Then you would have the same tree name in the isolated network.

This is generally not the best idea since you should never allow the two trees to see each other (tree keys are teh same) and no doubt one day, the networks will accidentally be joined.

You could restore in an isolated network, clean up, change the tree name, and then I think it would be ok to share a network once that is completed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If you can forever isolate it, you could restore one replica with all partitions to an isolated network, and then delete all the other servers to clean it up.  Then you would have the same tree name in the isolated network.

This is generally not the best idea since you should never allow the two trees to see each other (tree keys are teh same) and no doubt one day, the networks will accidentally be joined.

You could restore in an isolated network, clean up, change the tree name, and then I think it would be ok to share a network once that is completed.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.