Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

CEF Auditing service status log in IDM Server

Hi, 

I have configured CEF Auditing service in IDM Server to connect to audit server with a port and loaded the cefauditds module.  Note: Restarted edir after configuring CEF. 

how to check if CEF audit service is connected to audit server successfully or any issue with connection. ( i need location of log which provides the status).  i couldnt see how to check this in edir doc. 

In sentinel , using Universal CEF collector to collect these idvault and idm events. added syslog connecter and Event source under it but event source settings showing no connection detected from source (IDM server). 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Regards,

Vidhya

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: CEF Auditing service status log in IDM Server

Hi Vidhya,

a few things to check:

- can you connect from the server where eDirectory is running to the specified port on your log manager (to make sure there are no firewall issues)?

- have you configured the eDirectroy audit policy? Post your cefConfiguration and cefVersion attributes on ncpServer objects

- is the cefauditds module loaded?

--
Norbert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: CEF Auditing service status log in IDM Server

1.connection looks fine : when i ran curl -v telnet://<ipaddress>:<port> it is connected
2. configuring edirectory audit policy? is it about enabling auditing settings for edirectory in imanager?
i have configured auditconfig.properties fies, what is cefVersion attributes ? how to check
3. yes cefauditds module is loaded
when i run ndstrace -c "load cefauditds"
it said module already loaded.

Regards,
Vidhya
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.