Highlighted
TSchmauch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Changing eDir instance IP on Windows to cluster IP

Hi. I have a question regarding clustering eDirectory 8.8.8 on Windows. I eventually need to get to 9.0.x, but first need to get 8.8.8 up and running.

What I am encountering is, eDir was originally installed with x.x.x.11 as an IP, this was the servers IP. I then followed a KB article I found to change the IP on windows via the config.acs file. I changed the IP to the cluster resource address x.x.x.23. When i try to start edir with the x.x.x.23 address, i can see it listening via netstat, but ndscons.exe (with the addr option) tells me it isn't running, and via iManager I can see the server is down. I've tried this using clustering and also setting the nic to use the x.x.x.23 ip and disabling clustering, both have the same result.

If I change the IP in the config.acs file back to x.x.x.11, with or without clustering, edir starts up fine.

My question is, is there more to changing the IP on Windows than just the config.acs file? Or is there something I am overlooking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Tom
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Changing eDir instance IP on Windows to cluster IP

TSchmauch;2478444 wrote:
Hi. I have a question regarding clustering eDirectory 8.8.8 on Windows. I eventually need to get to 9.0.x, but first need to get 8.8.8 up and running.

What I am encountering is, eDir was originally installed with x.x.x.11 as an IP, this was the servers IP. I then followed a KB article I found to change the IP on windows via the config.acs file. I changed the IP to the cluster resource address x.x.x.23. When i try to start edir with the x.x.x.23 address, i can see it listening via netstat, but ndscons.exe (with the addr option) tells me it isn't running, and via iManager I can see the server is down. I've tried this using clustering and also setting the nic to use the x.x.x.23 ip and disabling clustering, both have the same result.

If I change the IP in the config.acs file back to x.x.x.11, with or without clustering, edir starts up fine.

My question is, is there more to changing the IP on Windows than just the config.acs file? Or is there something I am overlooking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Tom

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7016695
NetIQ eDirectory Agent Closed" after changing IP address of host
Resolution
The C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\HOSTS file still contained the original ipaddress.
After modifying the ipaddress to reflect the new address being used by the interface, the Agent how showed open.

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=3934357
How to change the IP address on a Windows NT/2000 Server.
Situation
How to change the IP address on a Windows NT/2000 Server.
Resolution
Change the IP address information as needed in the properties of Network Neighborhood / Local Area Connection as normal for the Windows environment.
Edit C:\NOVELL\NDS\DIBFILES\CONFIG.ACS
Delete the [NCP Engine/Transports/Enum] and [NCP Engine/Transports/Enum/00#] lines
Rename C:\NOVELL\NDS\DIBFILES\TRANSACT.ACS
Reboot.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.