Highlighted
booktrunk Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Created Variable? DSI: Time Created

Hello.

I'm sorting a list of our users.  I've found Login Time to show when last logged in.

Now looking into when we created them in a report I have from an old tool WSTools DSReport (old but still a good one). It has a field DSI: Time Created.

As far as I can see this shows when the user was created (or last moved if changed from one container to another or name changed). Is there a more accurate Created Date variable or is this the best / most accurate one to use to sort users in created order.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Created Variable? DSI: Time Created

As far as I know there is no "original" create timestamp - it's updated when the object is moved as you have mentioned. I guess that is the same attribute as the LDAP operational attribute "createTimestamp".

When using eDirectory together with IDM we usually create a custom attribute with a timestamp when IDM creates a object. It remains unaffected by any moves.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.