Highlighted
nvdhaar
New Member.

FATAL: Transaction ID has exceeded the allowed limit (on Windows)

Jump to solution

Today i got some call's telling me that imanager gives errors when trying to login (database locked)

After locking at both our eDir 9.1 servers (on Windows Server 2012) i noticed at both servers has the DB closed.

Looking in the dhost.log:  FATAL: Transaction ID has exceeded the allowed limit of 4294959104 (0xffffe000). Run local database repair

As found in some other articles i tried a "dsrepair" with 'rebuild the database' and 'repair all local replicas'

all i got back is:

/****************************************************************************/
Directory Services Repair 9.1.4, DS 40105.08
Log file for server "" in tree ""

*** END ***

after reading some more (https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7002658) it tells to start the service WITHOUT loading the database (-NBD), but noting on how to do that on the Windows platform.

i tried those "environment Variables"

NDS4NT_SUSPEND=Y

DNSD_DONT_OPEN_AGENT=Y

but still no running dsrepair.

has anyone ever had this same problem and got it working again?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: FATAL: Transaction ID has exceeded the allowed limit (on Windows)

Jump to solution

IMHO, get an SR open and find out from Support how to fix this. The correct answer should be "run dsrepair", but if that's not working you may have another problem in addition to the transaction counter.

It sounds like the "don't open database" environment variable works, though, so that's interesting.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

IMHO, get an SR open and find out from Support how to fix this. The correct answer should be "run dsrepair", but if that's not working you may have another problem in addition to the transaction counter.

It sounds like the "don't open database" environment variable works, though, so that's interesting.

0 Likes
nvdhaar
New Member.

Jump to solution
that will be the next step, lucky i got the 2nd server back online so at least i have all the data.

i can run almost all option from dsrepair except "rebuild the entire database".
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.