whitesocks Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to do batch operate the edirectory data

Hi
My customer want develop new portal,They want to admin user batch execute delete user operate. but now they only delete one by one.So please support.thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to do batch operate the edirectory data

On 03/11/2018 03:24 AM, whitesocks wrote:
>
> My customer want develop new portal,They want to admin user batch
> execute delete user operate. but now they only delete one by one.So
> please support.thanks.

It would help if a business case could be provided for their desire to do
one thing or another. LDAP can certainly be used to delete objects,
either individually or by subtree as of eDirectory 8.8 SP8 (which is now
out of support generally, replaced by eDirectory 9.0 and, recently, 9.1).

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to do batch operate the edirectory data

A number of tools from different vendors available (LDAP and NCP based tools).

JRButils is an extensive set of tools for managing Micro Focus (formerly Novell) products. The majority of the programs are provided in multiple forms for the Windows and Linux platforms.
http://www.jrbsoftware.com/jrbutils_nw/overview/

DN and DNL from HBWare
http://www.hbware.com/index.php/products-mainmenu-12

DN and DNL are command-line utilities for modifying NDS-attributes, trustee assignments on the filesystem and many many more. There are around predefined 90 commands available. The program has also a (script) language. The language can be used for creating new commands and or command scripts. This new version contains the programs DN (needs Novell Client) and DNL (uses LDAP). DN.exe is more powerfull because in combonation with the client it can also modify filesystem attributes/features (trustees, owenship, directory/file attributes).

Depend from your business case, possible to find (or develop) right tools.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.