Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1190 views

Imanager plugin for IDM 4.0.2 upgrade


I am currently running imanager 2.7.4 with
IDMPlugins_IMAN_2_7_IDM_3_6_1.npm,
eDir_88_iMan27_Plugins.npm,
nmas.npm,
PwdManagementPlugins_IMAN_2_7.npm

I am planning an upgrade to imanager 2.7.7, IDM 4.0.2, edirectory 8.8.8

I have a few questions to ask:
1) when i upgrade the edirectory from 8.8.6 to 8.8.8, do I have to
install a new plugin for that?

There is a download link for that:

NetIQ eDirectory 8.8.8 iManager 2.7 Plugins
http://download.novell.com/Download?...d=G_8Eymx0QtI~

However, the file name is the same as the one I installed previously -
eDir_88_iMan27_Plugins.npm. Are they referring to the same file?

I realize it is the same file name for NetIQ eDirectory 8.8.7 iManager
2.7 Plugins

2) After upgrading from IDM 3.6.1 to IDM 4.0.2, do I have to upgrade the
imanager plugin as well?

There is no imanager plugin for IDM 4.0.2, However,there is one for IDM
4.0.1
How do I upgrade the plugin?
Do I have to uninstall the IDMPlugins_IMAN_2_7_IDM_3_6_1.npm and install
the new IDMPlugins_IMAN_2_7_IDM_4_0_1_0.npm?
Can I install the IDMPlugins_IMAN_2_7_IDM_4_0_1_0.npm without
uninstalling the IDMPlugins_IMAN_2_7_IDM_3_6_1.npm? Will the new npm
override the old one?
please advise the proper upgrade procedures.

3) What are the other plugins that are necessary for IDM 4.0.2?


--
gumiho
------------------------------------------------------------------------
gumiho's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1295
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49339

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Imanager plugin for IDM 4.0.2 upgrade

On 11/28/2013 07:54 PM, gumiho wrote:
>
> I am currently running imanager 2.7.4 with
> IDMPlugins_IMAN_2_7_IDM_3_6_1.npm,
> eDir_88_iMan27_Plugins.npm,
> nmas.npm,
> PwdManagementPlugins_IMAN_2_7.npm
>
> I am planning an upgrade to imanager 2.7.7, IDM 4.0.2, edirectory 8.8.8
>
> I have a few questions to ask:
> 1) when i upgrade the edirectory from 8.8.6 to 8.8.8, do I have to
> install a new plugin for that?


No, but you should and since you are already planning on doing it that is
good enough.

> There is a download link for that:
>
> NetIQ eDirectory 8.8.8 iManager 2.7 Plugins
> http://download.novell.com/Download?...d=G_8Eymx0QtI~
>
> However, the file name is the same as the one I installed previously -
> eDir_88_iMan27_Plugins.npm. Are they referring to the same file?


Check the date, or the version once installed since the end of the version
is a date/time stamp with the year, month, and day of the build. If it's
in 2013 you are fine.

> I realize it is the same file name for NetIQ eDirectory 8.8.7 iManager
> 2.7 Plugins
>
> 2) After upgrading from IDM 3.6.1 to IDM 4.0.2, do I have to upgrade the
> imanager plugin as well?


Again, you should. You can do the plugins at any time though since they
are backward compatible for the engine/drivers.

> There is no imanager plugin for IDM 4.0.2, However,there is one for IDM
> 4.0.1
> How do I upgrade the plugin?


From within iManager to to Configure: Plugin Installation and then search
from there. The latest plugins should be accessible directly from within
iManager assuming iManager has a connection to the Internet.

> Do I have to uninstall the IDMPlugins_IMAN_2_7_IDM_3_6_1.npm and install
> the new IDMPlugins_IMAN_2_7_IDM_4_0_1_0.npm?
> Can I install the IDMPlugins_IMAN_2_7_IDM_4_0_1_0.npm without
> uninstalling the IDMPlugins_IMAN_2_7_IDM_3_6_1.npm? Will the new npm
> override the old one?


If you're planning on upgrading to 2.7 SP7 I'd recommend doing a fresh
install. Perhaps backup your existing /var/opt/novell/iManager/nps
directory (I think that's he one) so that you have a copy, but then just
reinstall the whole thing. This will probably give you a newer version of
Apache Tomcat (security fixes) along with the new iManager stuff. It'll
take a little more time, but you'll probably be free from any other quirks
of upgrades that seem to often pester folks. I typically do it like this:

Uninstall old iManager (if applicable).
Install new iManager from latest media.
Patch with the latest SP (if not already applied from the main install).
Restart Tomcat.
Apply eDir plugins.
Restart Tomcat
Apply IDM plugins.
Restart Tomcat.

Apply any other plugins you need. The password management ones are
included with the IDM ones so ignore those.

> please advise the proper upgrade procedures.
>
> 3) What are the other plugins that are necessary for IDM 4.0.2?


None.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.