kab12312 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

LDAP Errors in ndstrace -215

We are performing load testing on user adds / modifications.

I see this error in the ndstrace logs.

A duplicate password is not being used.

What exactly does Q in service mean.

Thank you!

modify: dn (cn=84621,ou=xxx,ou=xx,o=x)<br>
<tt (THREAD-70568192) >16:02:42 FBCB3700 LDAP: </tt>(xxx.xx.xx.xx:58738)(0x09fd:0x66) Unable to change or set password, err = duplicate password or Q in service <a href="/nds/error?error=FFFFFF29" style="color: #FF0000;" target=_parent>(-215)</a><br>
<tt (THREAD-70568192) >16:02:42 FBCB3700 LDAP: </tt>(xxx.xx.xx.xx:58738)(0x09fd:0x66) Sending operation result 19:&#034;&#034;:&#034;NDS error: duplicate password or Q in service <a href="/nds/error?error=FFFFFF29" style="color: #FF0000;" target=_parent>(-215)</a>&#034; to connection 0x109aee00<br>

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Rehtael Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: LDAP Errors in ndstrace -215

https://www.novell.com/documentation/nwec/nwec/data/al39ne5.html#al39ne5

I'd probably start doing some health checks on your instance.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

While I do think 215's are usually what Rehtael pointed at, in this case, I think it is because you have password history enabled in your Password Policy for uP and the password has been used before.

Ergo you are not allowed to reuse.

Now the real problem is as likely caused by the fact the driver sends the events twice and the first one works, second one gets the duplicate password issue. But only full trace will reveal what is really going on.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I assume the "Q" here is for Queue Management Services (QMS), the old, pre iPrint, pre NDPS, printing subsystem from the NetWare days.

You may want to enable an NMAS trace to see what it's complaining about at that layer.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.