Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

LDAP vendor version mismatch

I have created a script in which I have to run ldapsearch command to filter out employees having a particular job level.

Now if I run this command directly (going to the path where the .sh file is there and execute ./<shell-script-name>) it'll run but If I run it via crontab it'll give an error as:

LDAP vendor version mismatch: library 20444, header 20447

Could someone kindly suggest what this error could be related to and how to resolve it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: LDAP vendor version mismatch

This will be related to your environment. Cron runs with limited PATH, etc... Have a look at the file: /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/env

In your .sh file, add the following to the start:

. /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/env
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: LDAP vendor version mismatch

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.