ericking7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Missing 'Show all object classes' button under Create Object

I am trying to grant others access within iManager to to see a button called 'Show all object classes' after you go to Create > Object and I can not figure out how to do so. It's troubling because I have granted the same exact iManager access to various people that mimics the access of myself (where I have the Show all object classes button) but they still do not. Does anyone know what i'm missing here?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Missing 'Show all object classes' button under Create Object

I have never tried doing something to grant access to that, and honestly
I'm really surprised anything would control access to that button since
there is no built-in idea within eDirectory of granting rights based on
object class of the thing to be created . Role Based Services (RBS) may be
able to do something like that, but I have never noticed it before.

Which version of iManager are you using?

For those other users, do they see the screen, but just lack that checkbox
which causes the listbox to show all classes instead of some subset?

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
ericking7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Missing 'Show all object classes' button under Create Ob

Yes the user who doesn't have the button can click Create Object, and they just don't see the button 'Show all object classes' or the Note "This option is only available to authorized users" under it like I do.

Our iManager is: VERSION 2.7.7.10-HF2
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

How have you setup your access exactly? Their access? Is it safe to
assume you are using Role Based Services (RBS) collections, and that you
are the collection owner? If not to the latter, which roles are you setup
for in RBS?

--
Good luck.

0 Likes
ericking7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes both of us are collection owners. Here is the access of the person who can't see the button. I couldn't figure out how to put this in here inside a table, so if you copy this into Excel you should able to get it into some proper columns and such. What's puzzling is that my account has almost the same access as you see here below.

Task Name Task Object Role Name Role Object
Add Attribute AddAttribute.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Schema Schema Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
AdvancedRestore AdvancedRestore.eDirectory Backup and Restore.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Attribute Information AttributeInformation.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Schema Schema Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Backup Backup.eDirectory Backup and Restore.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Backup Configuration Backup Configuration.eDirectory Backup and Restore.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
BackupRestoreCancel BackupRestoreCancel.eDirectory Backup and Restore.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Basic Repair Basic Repair.eDirectory Repair.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Case Sensitive Password Case Sensitive Password.NMAS.Role Based Service 2.IDM NMAS NMAS Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Challenge Sets PolicyChallengeSetTask.pwdpolicy.Role Based Service 2.IDM Passwords PwdPolicyManagement.Role Based Service 2.IDM
CheckPWStatus CheckPWStatus.PWSyncConfig.Role Based Service 2.IDM Passwords PwdPolicyManagement.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Class Information ClassInformation.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Schema Schema Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
ConnectedSystems ConnectedSystems.PWSyncConfig.Role Based Service 2.IDM Passwords PwdPolicyManagement.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Copy Object CopyObject.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Directory Administration eDirectory Administration.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create Attribute CreateAttribute.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Schema Schema Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create Class CreateClass.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Schema Schema Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create Dynamic Group CreateDynamicGroup.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Dynamic Groups Dynamic Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create Extended Object CreateDynamicGroupExtendedObject.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Dynamic Groups Dynamic Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create Group CreateGroup.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Groups Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create LDAP Object Create LDAP Object.LDAP Configuration.Role Based Service 2.IDM LDAP LDAP Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create Object CreateObjects.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Directory Administration eDirectory Administration.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create Partition Create Partition.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Partitions and Replicas Partition and Replica Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create Report and Notification Service Configuration Create Report and Notification Service Configuration.eDirectory Report and Notification Service.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create User CreateUser.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Create Users Create Users.custom.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
DataFlow DataFlow.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager Utilities DirXML Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
DataFlowMatrix DataFlowMatrix.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager Utilities DirXML Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Delete Attribute DeleteAttribute.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Schema Schema Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Delete Class DeleteClass.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Schema Schema Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Delete Dynamic Group DeleteDynamicGroupObject.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Dynamic Groups Dynamic Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Delete Group DeleteGroup.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Groups Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Delete LDAP Object Delete LDAP Object.LDAP Configuration.Role Based Service 2.IDM LDAP LDAP Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Delete Object DeleteObjects.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Directory Administration eDirectory Administration.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Delete User DeleteUser.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Disable Account DisableAccount.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Disconnect Report and Notification Service From Server Disconnect Report and Notification Service From Server.eDirectory Report and Notification Service.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Driver Export Wizard Driver Export Wizard.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager Utilities DirXML Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Driver Wizard Driver Wizard.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager Utilities DirXML Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
DSPIDPolicies DSPIDPolicies.DSP Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager Utilities DirXML Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Enable Account EnableAccount.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Entitlement Recipients RBEManageEntitlementRecipients.sharedprofiles.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager Utilities DirXML Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Exchange Distribution List Exchange Distribution List.custom.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Extend Schema ExtendSchema.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Schema Schema Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Filtered Replica Wizard Filtered Replica Wizard.eDirectory Partition and Replica Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM Partitions and Replicas Partition and Replica Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Graft Tree Graft Tree.eDirectory Merge.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
ICEWizard ICEWizard.ICEWizardModule.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Import Drivers Import Drivers.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager Utilities DirXML Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Index Management Overview Index Management Overview.Index Manager Plugin.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
InspectAStatistics InspectAStatistics.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager DirXML Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
InspectDriver InspectDriver.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager DirXML Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
InspectDriverCache InspectDriverCache.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager DirXML Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
InspectDSetDashboard InspectDSetDashboard.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager DirXML Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
InspectHealthConfig InspectHealthConfig.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager DirXML Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Inspector Inspector.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager DirXML Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
InspectPrioritySyncCache InspectPrioritySyncCache.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager DirXML Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
IS 1Account IS 1Account.custom.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
LDAP Configuration LDAP Configuration.LDAP Configuration.Role Based Service 2.IDM LDAP LDAP Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Log File Log File.eDirectory Log File.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Merge Partition Merge Partition.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Partitions and Replicas Partition and Replica Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Merge Tree Merge Tree.eDirectory Merge.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Modify Dynamic Group ModifyDynamicGroup.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Dynamic Groups Dynamic Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Modify Group ModifyGroup.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Groups Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Modify Inherited Rights Filter ModifyIRF.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Rights Rights Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Modify Members of Group ModifyGroupMembers.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Groups Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Modify Object ModifyObject.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Directory Administration eDirectory Administration.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Modify Trustees ModifyTrustees.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Rights Rights Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Modify User ModifyUser.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Move Group MoveGroup.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Groups Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Move Object MoveObject.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Directory Administration eDirectory Administration.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Move Partition Move Partition.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Partitions and Replicas Partition and Replica Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Move User MoveUser.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
NDS2NDS Driver Certificates Wizard NDS2NDS Driver Certificates Wizard.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager Utilities DirXML Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
NMAS Login Methods LoginMethodConfiguration.NMAS.Role Based Service 2.IDM NMAS NMAS Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
NMAS Login Sequences LoginSequenceConfiguration.NMAS.Role Based Service 2.IDM NMAS NMAS Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
NMAS Users UserAdministration.NMAS.Role Based Service 2.IDM NMAS NMAS Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
NotificationMergeTemplates NotificationMergeTemplates.NotificationConfigurationModule.Role Based Service 2.IDM Passwords PwdPolicyManagement.Role Based Service 2.IDM
NotificatonHostConfiguration NotificatonHostConfiguration.NotificationConfigurationModule.Role Based Service 2.IDM Passwords PwdPolicyManagement.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Object Extensions ExtendObjects.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Schema Schema Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Overview Overview.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager DirXML Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Password Policies PolicyListTask.pwdpolicy.Role Based Service 2.IDM Passwords PwdPolicyManagement.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Priority Sync Policies Manage Priority Sync Policies.PS.Role Based Service 2.IDM Partitions and Replicas Partition and Replica Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Radiology Create User Radiology Create User.custom.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
RBEMigrateEntitlements RBEMigrateEntitlements.sharedprofiles.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager Utilities DirXML Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Rename Group RenameGroup.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Groups Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Rename Object RenameObject.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Directory Administration eDirectory Administration.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Rename Tree Rename Tree.eDirectory Merge.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Rename User RenameUser.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Repair via iMonitor Repair via iMonitor.eDirectory Repair.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Replica Repair Replica Repair.eDirectory Repair.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Replica Ring Repair Replica Ring Repair.eDirectory Repair.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Replica View Replica View.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Partitions and Replicas Partition and Replica Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Restore Restore.eDirectory Backup and Restore.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Rights To Other Objects RightsToOtherObjects.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Rights Rights Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Schema Maintenance Schema Maintenance.eDirectory Repair.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Server Repair Server Repair.eDirectory Repair.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Service Manager ServiceManager.Service Manager.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Set Universal Password AdvancedSetPassword.pwdpolicy.Role Based Service 2.IDM Passwords PwdPolicyManagement.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Sync Repair Sync Repair.eDirectory Repair.Role Based Service 2.IDM eDirectory Maintenance eDirectory Maintenance Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Universal Password Configuration UniversalPasswordConfiguration.NMAS.Role Based Service 2.IDM NMAS NMAS Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Validate User Validate User.custom.Role Based Service 2.IDM Users User Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
Version Discovery Tool Version Discovery Tool.DirXML Plugins.Role Based Service 2.IDM Identity Manager Utilities DirXML Utilities.Role Based Service 2.IDM
View Effective Rights ViewEffectiveRights.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Rights Rights Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
View My Groups ViewMyGroups.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Groups Group Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
View Partition Information View Partition Information.base.Role Based Service 2.IDM Partitions and Replicas Partition and Replica Management.Role Based Service 2.IDM
View Policy Assignments ViewUserPolicy.pwdpolicy.Role Based Service 2.IDM Passwords PwdPolicyManagement.Role Based Service 2.IDM
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 03/07/2018 11:24 AM, ericking7 wrote:
>
> Yes both of us are collection owners. Here is the access of the person
> who can't see the button. I couldn't figure out how to put this in here
> inside a table, so if you copy this into Excel you should able to get it

Yes, LibreOffice worked too. Lots of rows, and admittedly I did not go
through them with any find-toothed combs.

> into some proper columns and such. What's puzzling is that my account
> has almost the same access as you see here below.

Almost? Have you tried, just as a test, making the broken account match
yours somehow? What happens if you use the tree admin account?

Have you tried using iManager Workstation to see if that behaves any
differently with the latest version? Warning: it sounds like you may be
stuck on windows, which may mean you have the OES Client, so iManager
Workstation 3.x may need newer NICI than you want to put on there.

--
Good luck.

0 Likes
ericking7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ab;2477424 wrote:
On 03/07/2018 11:24 AM, ericking7 wrote:
>
> Yes both of us are collection owners. Here is the access of the person
> who can't see the button. I couldn't figure out how to put this in here
> inside a table, so if you copy this into Excel you should able to get it

Yes, LibreOffice worked too. Lots of rows, and admittedly I did not go
through them with any find-toothed combs.

> into some proper columns and such. What's puzzling is that my account
> has almost the same access as you see here below.

Almost? Have you tried, just as a test, making the broken account match
yours somehow? What happens if you use the tree admin account?

Have you tried using iManager Workstation to see if that behaves any
differently with the latest version? Warning: it sounds like you may be
stuck on windows, which may mean you have the OES Client, so iManager
Workstation 3.x may need newer NICI than you want to put on there.

--
Good luck.

I said my account has 'almost as much' access as this one because it actually has less access, which makes this problem all the more bizarre. When I run the "User Tasks Assignment" Report in RBS, the account that does not have the 'Show All Objects' button has MORE access than my account, which does have the button.

I'm not sure what iManager Workstation is? We're using iManager through a web browser and our iManager runs on a Linux server, not Windows.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 03/16/2018 07:04 AM, ericking7 wrote:
>
> I said my account has 'almost as much' access as this one because it
> actually has less access, which makes this problem all the more bizarre.
> When I run the "User Tasks Assignment" Report in RBS, the account that
> does not have the 'Show All Objects' button has MORE access than my
> account, which does have the button.
>
> I'm not sure what iManager Workstation is? We're using iManager through
> a web browser and our iManager runs on a Linux server, not Windows.

iManager Workstation is distributed as an archive that you expand onto
your system somewhere (/home/ab/apps in my case) and which then runs
locally. It is not a "service" that auto-starts with your system, but
instead you launch it like any other client-side application, but it is a
full version of iManager, complete with Apache Tomcat to run everything,
plus a built-in web browser to display the web interface (which can also
be accessed via another local web browser by going to
http://127.0.0.1:48080/nps as it turns out).

iManager Workstation is nice because it lets you have your own version
running locally, convenient for us consultants who go from site to site
and do not always have access to servers right away, but definitely need
access to tools that would normally be on those servers. It also means
you could have multiples on your box, older versions, newer versions,
different plugins, for different clients, etc.

The download is at the same location as regular iManager
(https://dl.netiq.com/) but it is the one with "workstation" in its name;
it used to be called iManager Mobile if you go back far enough. There is
also a version for windows workstations, so if you are on windows it can
work for you. It has a NICI dependency, though, and upgrading that
(beyond iManager 2.7 with NICI 2.7) could impact your OES Client, so just
keep an eye on that part if you choose to run the included NICI executable.

If you try it out and things differ with the workstation version, then RBS
would definitely seem to be where the rights differ. If not, things are
less certain.

Back to your issue, do you have any IRFs in your tree? Any explicit
rights assignments for your user, or the other user, other than to the RBS
objects, or to the tree [root] object?

--
Good luck.

0 Likes
ericking7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We do not have any IRF's, we actually don't even have a User Application Driver.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 03/22/2018 11:44 AM, ericking7 wrote:
>
> We do not have any IRF's, we actually don't even have a User Application
> Driver.

I feel like I am missing something; what does the User Application Driver
have to do with this?

I'm still at a loss regarding what could be different. Other than trying
the Workstation version of iManager, or maybe creating a new tree admin
and testing with that to see if it differs, I'm not sure what could matter.

--
Good luck.

0 Likes
ericking7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have solved this issue. I wanted to post the resolution in case anyone stumbles upon this thread.

Click Configure > iManager Server > Configure iManager

Add a user or group to the 'Authorized Users and Groups'
Save

Done. Celebrate 🙂
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Well that was unexpected for sure. I am not sure that is something I have
ever heard of being controlled that way, unlike other things. I
definitely appreciate your sharing as I suspect you will not be the last
to see this.

--
Good luck.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.