Dieseloreo
New Member.

Perl::LDAP::constant LDAP_EXTENSION_MONITOR_EVENTS

I noticed the new Perl library supports the "LDAP_EXTENSION_MONITOR_EVENTS" call.
http://search.cpan.org/~marschap/perl-ldap/lib/Net/LDAP/Constant.pm

can anyone provide an example on how to properly use this?

I'm currently using a persistent search for object changes and this call give more of what I need.

The examples with the c# libraries using this give me exactly what I need and I would love to use perl for this instead of compiling a mono project and installing mono.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Dieseloreo
New Member.

Re: Perl::LDAP::constant LDAP_EXTENSION_MONITOR_EVENTS

since I could not find examples or any other information for the perl extensions use, I actually compiled an exe on windows and transferred it over to a Linux box for execution using mono.
This appears to work perfectly and allows me to now run all my c# code on Linux without issues.

using the event_services example of the LDAP Libraries for C Sharp, this was easily accomplished.

note: I did find a bug in the libraries for c# and have opened a sr with micro-focus to hopefully get them to post a fix. generalDSevents did not come back correctly and actually was a bug in the libraries download from the ndk site.
they tried to return a 64 bit integer in one of the line and the calling section was expecting 32 bit integer.
this was found in generalDSevents.cs and have posted the fix to a few sites hosting the source code outside novells site.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.