ckalpesh
New Member.

Re-configure eDirectory on SLES 11 with GroupWise 2014 R2

Hello,

We are currently running GroupWise 2014 R2 on SLES 11, SP3 on VMware environment (ESXi 6.0 U2). Details are as follows,

Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11.2
PATCHLEVEL = 2
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 3

eDirectory:
Binary Version: 20802.08
Product Version: eDirectory for Linux x86_64 v8.8 SP8 [DS]

GroupWise build:
groupwise-calhost-webapp-14.2.2-128920
groupwise-server-14.2.2-128920
groupwise-gwha-14.2.2-128920
groupwise-webaccess-webapp-14.2.2-128920

We have single domain/po with all services running on single server.

While trying to upgrade to SLES 11, SP4, we are facing issue with eDirectory configuration. As noted the eDirectory was configured on remote server, years back while upgrading from GroupWise7 to GroupWise2014, which in not available in the network at present.
When we try to configure eDirectory through "Yast > Open Enterprise Server > OES Install and Configuration", it does not allow to enter the local IP Address of the server. (eDirectory is currently running on local server but in the existing configuration page, it displays IP of other server which is not available in the network now.) During the configuration, it does validate the local server IP Address but when i click the Next tab, it gives error "The replica server address must be a remote (non-local) address."

I do not have much hands-on knowledge on how to reconfigure eDirectory with the local server setttings in this scenerio. Can someone guide on how can this be achieved.

Thanks in advance.
K
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Re-configure eDirectory on SLES 11 with GroupWise 2014 R

ckalpesh;2469467 wrote:
Hello,

We are currently running GroupWise 2014 R2 on SLES 11, SP3 on VMware environment (ESXi 6.0 U2). Details are as follows,

Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11.2
PATCHLEVEL = 2
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 3

eDirectory:
Binary Version: 20802.08
Product Version: eDirectory for Linux x86_64 v8.8 SP8 [DS]

GroupWise build:
groupwise-calhost-webapp-14.2.2-128920
groupwise-server-14.2.2-128920
groupwise-gwha-14.2.2-128920
groupwise-webaccess-webapp-14.2.2-128920

We have single domain/po with all services running on single server.

While trying to upgrade to SLES 11, SP4, we are facing issue with eDirectory configuration. As noted the eDirectory was configured on remote server, years back while upgrading from GroupWise7 to GroupWise2014, which in not available in the network at present.
When we try to configure eDirectory through "Yast > Open Enterprise Server > OES Install and Configuration", it does not allow to enter the local IP Address of the server. (eDirectory is currently running on local server but in the existing configuration page, it displays IP of other server which is not available in the network now.) During the configuration, it does validate the local server IP Address but when i click the Next tab, it gives error "The replica server address must be a remote (non-local) address."

I do not have much hands-on knowledge on how to reconfigure eDirectory with the local server setttings in this scenerio. Can someone guide on how can this be achieved.

Thanks in advance.
K

Have a look at this: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014876 and also check your nam.conf: https://www.novell.com/documentation/oes11/acc_linux_svcs_lx/data/adx9356.html

Thomas
0 Likes
ckalpesh
New Member.

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for reply. I shall follow the links and update in reply.

Regards,
K
0 Likes
ckalpesh
New Member.

Hello Thomas,

I had followed the steps in the links you have provided and changed the IP Address to the current server's (local) IP address in "edir_oes11_sp2" file and also changed the admin name in the "nam.conf" file and restarted the server.
I had also executed "oes_upgrade_check.pl all" to sync the OES config.

Then when i goto "Yast > Open Enterprise Server > OES Install and Configuration", the LDAP and eDirectory still displays the old settings. (i.e. ip address of the old server)
So i changed the LDAP config and removed the remote ldap server and kept the local ldap server and complete the wizard successfully.
Then when i goto "Yast > Open Enterprise Server > OES Install and Configuration", the eDirectory has some changes in field as below,
Tree Type: Previous was "existing" / Now is "new"
Address of an existing server: Previous was "ip address of remote server" / Now this line is not there in the display at all.
NTP servers: Previous was with many remote ip address / Now is with currently configured only.

So i tried change the eDirectory configuration and during the wizard changed the Tree Type to "existing" and when i reach the screen to enter the "IP Address of an existing eDirectory server with a replica", i changed the IP address which was displaying the remote/old one to the local server's IP Address (as it is only one with eDirectory now). When i click Validate, it gives message "Validation successful. Proceed with the eDirectory configuration." Here when i click Next it gives an error "The replica server address must be a remote (non-local) address." and does not allow to proceed further.

Is it a must to have a remote (non-local) replica server ? In our case it does not exists in the network.

Can you please guide further.

Thanks,
K
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.