Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Search for schema flags

Hi there, My customer has many custom objects with extended attributes, some of which have the attribute flag "Public Read" set on them.  I want to search all the schema for any objects which have this flag set to "Public Read". How can I do this?  I'm very familiar with Apache Studio but don't see how this is done.

Thanks,

Kirk

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Search for schema flags

Simplest way, since Schema, while largish, is not really that big, would be export the schema to a file and then search that.

I personally would use Designer (if they have IDM) since it can export all of schema to an LDIF or SCH which are text representations and then search that file.

You should be able to read cn=schema but I do not know how well you can filter it in an LDAP query for the X-NDS-* flags.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Search for schema flags

Thanks for that idea. Exported the all the schema attributes as a .sch file using designer. Then ran it through RegexBuddy to grab the attribute name that is also flagged DS_PUBLIC_READ. That was easy (but not elegant) because the export is consistent in its structure.
Search string of: ^"([^"]+)".+\n.+\n.+\n.+\n.+DS_PUBLIC_READ
with replacement string of ($1=*)

With that list I constructed an Apache Directory Studio filter to find all objects where any of those 176 attributes is populated.
( | (attributeName=*)(someotherAttirbute=*)...)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.