ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrades

*begs*

Can we please look at making the installer a little more intuitive?

Having to always remember to modify /var/opt/novell/tomcat8/webapps/nps/WEB-INF/imanager_logging.xml every single time the base is patched is painful!!

We also specify our own signed keystore variables in /var/opt/novell/tomcat8/conf/server.xml for SSL and this too gets wiped (thankfully the keystore file remains)...

The amount of fiddling to get iManager restored with every patch is painful....especially considering that we have a significant number of instances across our environments....

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Upgrades

All good points, and all probably worthy of bugs since configuration files
should not be blindly botched with in an upgrade situation by the
installer. I know a bug was recently accepted and, I think, resolved for
another configuration file being overwritten incorrectly.

Could you submit these via an SR? Bugs could be opened directly, but
without SRs, that will not matter as much as it should.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I got the "bugger off, its documented" response and my SR has been closed with no bug logged.

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The survey should come within a day or so; fill it out appropriately.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Or how about custom plugins created with Plugin Studio? I love having to constantly reinstall/reimport those every time anything is patched/upgraded (and also randomly disappears after bouncing the server).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.