florianz1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

changing ip-addresses of edir 9.0.1

i found several old documents describing how to change ip-addresses on an edir-server, most current being: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=3934357

in essence:
--------
- Change IP
- Delete the [NCP Engine/Transports/Enum] and [NCP Engine/Transports/Enum/00#] lines in C:\NOVELL\NDS\DIBFILES\CONFIG.ACS
- Rename C:\NOVELL\NDS\DIBFILES\TRANSACT.ACS
- Reboot

is this still the way to go?

thanks in advance, florian

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: changing ip-addresses of edir 9.0.1

It was the TID to go up to 8.8.8.verylatest and i'd guess its contents still hold true for newer stuff.
Additionally i'd check for an accurate hosts file on the box itself (often overlooked as there's no entry for the local ip by default) and on other replica holders. Not to forget DNS...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.