Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
389 views

create mailbox for eDirectory user

Hello,

How can I create mailbox for an eDirectory user using Novell.Ldap ?
Which are the attributes that have to be set?

Thanks,
Veronica.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: create mailbox for eDirectory user

Not sure what you are trying to do. Please explain.
You could a email address by adding a value to the "mail" attribute.
-jim

Veronica Mandache wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I create mailbox for an eDirectory user using Novell.Ldap ?
> Which are the attributes that have to be set?
>
> Thanks,
> Veronica.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: create mailbox for eDirectory user

I have an eDirectory user and I want to create the GroupWise account for
it(using Novell.Ldap.dll).
There are specific LDAPAttributes that have to be set in order to create
a GroupWise account for an eDirectory user?
My scope is: the eDirectory user becomes GroupWise user also.


Jim Willeke wrote:
> Not sure what you are trying to do. Please explain.


> You could a email address by adding a value to the "mail" attribute.
> -jim
>
> Veronica Mandache wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> How can I create mailbox for an eDirectory user using Novell.Ldap ?
>> Which are the attributes that have to be set?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Veronica.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: create mailbox for eDirectory user

Veronica Mandache wrote:
> I have an eDirectory user and I want to create the GroupWise account for
> it(using Novell.Ldap.dll).
> There are specific LDAPAttributes that have to be set in order to create
> a GroupWise account for an eDirectory user?
> My scope is: the eDirectory user becomes GroupWise user also.
>
>
> Jim Willeke wrote:
>> Not sure what you are trying to do. Please explain.

>
>> You could a email address by adding a value to the "mail" attribute.
>> -jim
>>
>> Veronica Mandache wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> How can I create mailbox for an eDirectory user using Novell.Ldap ?
>>> Which are the attributes that have to be set?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Veronica.

Cannot do that without buying Identity manager and the Novell Groupwise
driver for it.

GW syncs one way ----> to eDirectory. It never syncs the other way
without the above software
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.