Highlighted
Jeff-seattle
Visitor.

eDirectory on CentOS?

Is anyone running eDirectory on CentOS in production? I know it is not listed as supported in the documentation, is it really not supported if you call or have issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
6423241 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: eDirectory on CentOS?

I ran eDir 8.8 and IDM 4.5 for a few years in my dev environment, but never in prod.  My understanding was that even though CentOS claims to be "byte compatible" (if I'm remembering the term correctly) with RHEL, that's not enough for it to be officially supported as an eDirectory platform.

0 Likes
Mark G Contributor.
Contributor.

It is NOT supported and your SRs to support will be denied for running on an unsupported platform.    Even some of the installers won't let you install on an unsupported platform.   

However, one typical workaround for installing on CENTOS is to do a silent install which skips the OS Checks. 

0 Likes
kuronen Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I am using CentOS and provide support for it with eDirectory / IDM installations. It is bit by bit compatible with RHEL and you can realize it yourself by transforming your RH installation into CentOS where literally just branding and subscriptions are removed. Everything else remains the same.

Microfocus does not support it - if problem is OS related - so it is a customer decision if they rely on your support only. I never had to resort to Microfocus/NetIQ/Novell support.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.