Highlighted
sids99
New Member.

error -663 eDirectory database is locked

Hello,

We have a eDirectory 9.1.2 server running on windows server, which was crashed due to some windows updates.

Once the windows server is up eDirectory is not able to reachable. I see the error "error -663 eDirectory database is locked" for the eDirectory.  

How to rectify this, what are the best ways to resolve this issue and unlock the eDirectory.  

For further troubleshooting I cannot see the services in the "NetIQ eDirectory Services"  it shows blank. How to run the DSRepair  on the windows server without the "NetIQ eDirectory Services" .

Are there any other utilities or can we run the commands to unlock the eDirectory on the Windows server.

Thanks for the help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: error -663 eDirectory database is locked

It's been a while since I had an eDir on Windows. There should be a log file. Does it show why the database won't open?

This TID:

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7022766

might help. Thinking you can use the environment variable here like the old NetWare "-ndb" startup switch to get it to load the process without trying to open the database, then run the repair on it.

Might work. Let us know what happens.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.