brucetimberlake Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iManager 3.1.1 install on RHEL loses init.d startup script

Server OS is RHEL 7.4.

After upgrading iManager 3.1.0 to 3.1.1, the symlink for /etc/rc.d/init.d/novell-tomcat8 to /etc/opt/novell/tomcat8/init.d/tomcat8 went missing. Also the rc3.d S80 symlink to the init.d location was missing.

I thought maybe just the upgrade process was broken, so I deleted everything and did a clean install of 3.1.1. Ended up with the same missing symlinks after a fresh install.

Also, even after manually recreating /etc/rc.d/init.d/novell-tomcat8, the systemd service interaction did not work - sudo systemctl stop novell-tomcat8 gave no error but also did not stop Tomcat. sudo systemctl start novell-tomcat8 (after using the init script to shut it down) gave "Failed to start novell-tomcat8.service: Unit not found.​"
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iManager 3.1.1 install on RHEL loses init.d startup script

I believe this is a known issue, probably part of Bug# 1099556. Please
open a Service Request (SR) and they can probably confirm the same, and
possibly help fix things properly.

The only part of that bug I had heard before now was about the missing
symlink, but your experience points to a bit more, so that is good to have
added to the bug via the SR as well.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
JNCService Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iManager 3.1.1 install on RHEL loses init.d startup scri

Ran into this same issue, as well as others, in my lab today installing iManager 3.1.1 on RHEL 7.4.

Installed eDir 9.1 then upgraded to 9.1.1. No issues reported.

Installed iManager 3.1.1 but it there was an error, "The configuration failed or required packages failed to install: novell-tomcat8" From the log file:
Command Line:
Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - /bin/rpm -Uv /mnt/build/SW/NetIQ/IMgr/iman311/iManager/installs/linux/packages/tomcat/rpms/novell-tomcat8-8*.rpm

When I ran the rpm manually, I received a failed dependencies error; /bin/netstat is needed by novell-tomcat8-8.5.30-1.noarch. Okay, no big deal.

Ran yum install net-tools and while it did install, it complained about the RPMDB which I thought was interesting.
Warning: RPMDB altered outside of yum.
** Found 1 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
novell-NDSserv-9.1.1-58.x86_64 has missing requires of novell-openssl >= ('0', '%{base_version}', None)
Is there an issue with the EDir 9.1.1 installer too? Maybe no big deal either.

So now I re-ran the rpm for novell-tomcat8 and received the symlink issue.
rpm -Uv /mnt/build/SW/NetIQ/IMgr/iman311/iManager/installs/linux/packages/tomcat/rpms/novell-tomcat8-8*.rpm
Preparing packages...
novell-tomcat8-8.5.30-1.noarch
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/novell-tomcat8-service.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/novell-tomcat8-service.service.
error reading information on service novell-tomcat8: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/opt/novell/httpd/gconf.d/sslvhost.conf: No such file or directory

I am going to try the fix in the release notes, but after I step away for a bit. I will report back.
0 Likes
brucetimberlake Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iManager 3.1.1 install on RHEL loses init.d startup scri

Same issue in 3.1.1.1 FWIW...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.