Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

iManager 323 simple selection doesn't work when using tree name to login

Hi.

Login to iManager 323 using the treename (vas IP address) in the "TREE" field.

Now chose any task which leads to the object selection dialog, e.g Users > Modify User. There, chose the "simple selection" Tab, and enter a username you know exists.

Result: Fails. When you scroll down a bit, you will see an error "An internal error has occurred." The Details show: "Creating secure LDAP context failed: <treename>:636.

Now do the same, but login with the IP address of an eDir server in the Tree field of iManager. Now the same works.

There are some old TIDs dealing with that error that suggest to disable secure ldap, but that doesn't help, it only changes the error to Creating LDAP context failed: <treename>:389

The server running iManager *can* ping <treename> just fine, it's resolveable.

Same worked in iManager 2.7 on the same server (pre upgrade). Duplicated on plain SLES with eDir, as well as on OES2018SP2.

Sounds lile a bug to me?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner

I've never put a treename in this field. Nevertheless i can definitely dupe this. Likely some sort of certificate name check. If i find some time i'll check with a cert which has the treename as SAN.

If you like it: like it.
Knowledge Partner

As the same problem happens when you set it to unencrypted LDAP, it's probably not certs....

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
No emails please!
Knowledge Partner

Good point. Can verify that it works on a 2.7.7 OES2015SP1+ box, so it's likely a bug. Must admit that i've never would have taken notice of this as

- the last time i've used "simple search" is likely 10 years ago and

- i use ip addresses all across the board

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

I myself have for sure never used the simple selection before (why this uses LDAP vs NCP everywhere else is anbodies guess), but the helpdesk team of one of my bigger customers does, that's how I found it.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
No emails please!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.