Jeff-seattle
Visitor.
1625 views

iManager on SLED 12sp3

Hi. I am have decided to move back to SLED for iManager and Designer (IDM). SLED10 was the last release I ran iManager and Designer on. Windows 10 now, and so slow. Those apps were super fast on SLED.

I installed SLED 12sp3 and got latest patches (its registered). I downloaded latest iManager and installed nici. Whenever I start iManager I get this now and a black screen:

GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

This errors pops up all over the place when searching, but nothing related to iManager. Am I missing a package? Thanks,,,
Labels (1)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re:iManager on SLED 12sp3

mtsjej Wrote in message:

> Hi. I am have decided to move back to SLED for iManager and Designer
> (IDM). SLED10 was the last release I ran iManager and Designer on.
> Windows 10 now, and so slow. Those apps were super fast on SLED.
>
> I installed SLED 12sp3 and got latest patches (its registered). I
> downloaded latest iManager and installed nici. Whenever I start iManager
> I get this now and a black screen:
>
> GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0'
> failed
>
> This errors pops up all over the place when searching, but nothing
> related to iManager. Am I missing a package? Thanks,,,


Theoretcially SLED12 SP3 is supported (system requirements note
supported on latest support packs) but since SP3 was only
released recently it's possible there are issues. Which exact
versions of iManager (Workstation) and NICI have you
installed?

HTH.

[1] https://www.netiq.com/documentation/imanager-3/imanager_instal
l/data/b18oit3k.html
--
Simon Flood
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner


----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
0 Likes
Jeff-seattle
Visitor.

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

I have the latest Imangaer workstation v3.03 Patch 2 and nici64-3.0.2-0.00.x86_64
nici-3.0.1-0.00.i586

Should I just got back to SLED12 sp2 I wonder?
0 Likes
Jeff-seattle
Visitor.

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

Seems to be glibc is v2.22 on SLED12 sP3, Imanagerr documentation states v2.3 is needed. So need to find a repo for that I guess.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

mtsjej;2467245 wrote:
Seems to be glibc is v2.22 on SLED12 sP3, Imanagerr documentation states v2.3 is needed. So need to find a repo for that I guess.

Hi
That has to be a documentation error, there is no way those older versions of SLE or openSUSE (13.x 2.18 through 2.21) had or even has it. Maybe they mean 2.(0)3?
--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner
SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
If you appreciate what I've posted, click the LIKE button below. If this
solves your problem, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

Hi
If you have a look at the iManager.log, it's pointing to http://localhost:48080/nps/iManager.html, firing up a web browser gives the login details and tree.
--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner
SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
If you appreciate what I've posted, click the LIKE button below. If this
solves your problem, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

I am pretty sure we've seen this already this year, where iManager
Workstation's built-in browser does not work, but the backend is fine so
pointing to it with a local browser (to localhost:48080) works nicely. I
do not remember if a bug was reported but you may want to open a service
request (SR) to get one reported.


--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
Jeff-seattle
Visitor.

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

Ok great. I will try to point my browser and also open an SR.
0 Likes
Jeff-seattle
Visitor.

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

So pointing a web browser on the workstation to that url works. Any risk in using iManager that way until this bug gets worked out? Thank you.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

No, it is just fine, probably better even since it's a more-standard
browser. You can also use multiple browsers for multiple sessions
(different trees, prior to 3.x's multi-tree support), or if you wanted yo
could figure out how to expose the port to others and, voila, you have a
server.


--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
Jeff-seattle
Visitor.

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

Hi. Thank you very much AB! Thanks,,,

ab;2467288 wrote:
No, it is just fine, probably better even since it's a more-standard
browser. You can also use multiple browsers for multiple sessions
(different trees, prior to 3.x's multi-tree support), or if you wanted yo
could figure out how to expose the port to others and, voila, you have a
server.


--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
Jeff-seattle
Visitor.

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

Hi. To let everyone know, I have opened an SR yesterday with this. I will post what was found. Thanks,,,

ps. Looks like the patch download site is done.
0 Likes
Jeff-seattle
Visitor.

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

iManager Workstation on Linux Prerequisites#
In addition to the general prerequisites listed in Section 1.2.1, General Prerequisites, the following prerequisites also apply to installing iManager Workstation on Linux Clients:

Required Linux Packages: If any of the following packages are not installed, you must obtain them from the vendor of your Linux distribution and install them before installing iManager.

GTK2

GLIBC 2.3

libstdc++33
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iManager on SLED 12sp3

mtsjej;2467259 wrote:
iManager Workstation on Linux Prerequisites#
In addition to the general prerequisites listed in Section 1.2.1, General Prerequisites, the following prerequisites also apply to installing iManager Workstation on Linux Clients:

Required Linux Packages: If any of the following packages are not installed, you must obtain them from the vendor of your Linux distribution and install them before installing iManager.

GTK2

GLIBC 2.3

libstdc++33

Hi
Think the documentation needs updating to clarify, I would surmise that 2.22 is greater than 2.3 as in 'twenty two' as opposed to 'three' (the auto tools used when compiling probably don't like 03).
--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner
SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
If you appreciate what I've posted, click the LIKE button below. If this
solves your problem, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.