Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

ldapsearch tool for Windows

Hello community,

I am working recently with an eDirectory installed on Windows and I need a tool similar to the ldapsearch tool available in the Linux version of eDirectory. Does it exist for Windows? Since I did not found it in the installation package.

If not, are there any other similar comand line tools that can be used from CMD/PowerShell ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ldapsearch tool for Windows

Hmm, I would have though that the Windows install of eDirectory would also include the LDAP client tools.

Anyway you can get them as part of cygwin: https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64/openldap/openldap-2.4.48-1&grep=ldap

--
Norbert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ldapsearch tool for Windows

I'm pretty sure that the official answer here is "ICE". That has a command line, does things similar to ldapsearch, and should still be part of the standard eDirectory distribution.

ldapsearch is one of several possible tools, all with the same name, and different sources.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.