Highlighted
jibjubja
New Member.

ndsconfig add server stop responding

When I tried to add server to an existed tree, the process stoped responding at the same step every time as show below and didn't create an instance on the box. But iManager on master server showed a new server object had been created along with http,certs,sas objects. Can anybody help, please? Thank you

Linux Redhad Enterprise 7.6

eDirectory 9.03

Configuration File : /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf
Instance Location : /var/opt/novell/eDirectory/data
DIB Location : /var/opt/novell/eDirectory/data/dib

Current env file will be backed-up in format env.current_date, any customizations done to env file need to be copied back to new env file from backed-up file.
Starting the service 'ndsd'... Done.
Enabling auto-start of service 'ndsd' after reboot...Done.

Checking if server is ready to service requests... Done

Logging into the tree as "cn=admin.o=org". Please wait...
Note: If this server is being upgraded into an existing context with a large number of objects or, if network traffic is excessive, then configuration could take several minutes.

Synchronizing schema
Basic configuration is successful. Proceeding with additional configuration...

Extending schema... Done
For more details view schema extension logfile: /var/opt/novell/eDirectory/log/schema.log

Configuring HTTP service... Done
Configuring LDAP service... Done
Configuring SNMP service... Done

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
6423241 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: ndsconfig add server stop responding

I'm having the same issue. In the past, I have experienced a similar situation when installing eDir 9.x on RHEL 7 and the 'ndsconfig add' process hung.  The fix was to log on as root. I did that this time but it didn't help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.