Highlighted
aortiz1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

ndsd service comsuming SWAP memory

Hi all.

It has happened twice that the ndsd service is comsuming a lot of swap memory of the server. Everytime i'm being notified after it happens. Just to make things quick, is there any way of knowing what could have happened? i only read through ndsd.log but did not find useful and don't quite know where else to look.

Any ideas?

Environment:

Server Redhat 7.4 with eDirectory 9.1.2 and IDM 4.7.2.

We have a couple of SAP and a Loopback driver in that server but nothing too fancy, RoleResourceService and UserApplication drivers are in another server.

Thank you so much for your help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Mark G Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: ndsd service comsuming SWAP memory

Do you happen to use CEF or XDAS auditing or have a large number of dynamic groups?

There's several memory bugs in that particular version of the directory service that are solved in 9.1.4.
0 Likes
aortiz1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Mark, thank you so much for your answer. 

Yes, i'm using CEF audit module and i have somewhere around 90 Dynamic Groups. 

Is there a way or some workarround to this situation? or upgrading to 9.1.4 is the only way?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Mark G Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Turn off CEF for all but one replica, and enable logging replicated events. If you have a load balancer in front of those, then exclude your "logging" server from servicing queries.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.