Create iPrint Printers From a CSV File
The Create Printers From CSV script was designed to allow administrators to be able to create iPrint printers quickly by using a CSV file instead of iManager.
Save the file as .csv (comma-delimited).
Copy the saved CSV file to the same location of the Create-Printers-From-CSV-1.0.sh script (should still be found in the Printer-Import folder on the server).
Step #1 - Install and download the latest version of the Create Printers From CSV script utility.
- Download create-printers-from-csv-1.0.tgz
- Open a Terminal window and type “su”.
- Enter root’s password.
- Extract the script from the tarball.
#tar –xzvf create-printers-from-csv-1.0.tgz
- cd to the Printer-Import folder.
- Make the script executable.
#chmod 755 Create-Printers-From-CSV-1.0.sh
- Open up the Printer-Import.csv file.
- Add printers to the file as shown in the example CSV file.
The Columns must be in the following order:
Note: Create Printers From CSV script supports OES 2 and 11.
Step #2 - Create a CSV file with your favorite spreadsheet application.
DNS or IP of Printer
The container of where the printer should be created
The location of the printer
The description of the printer
Step #3 - Run the Create Printers From CSV Script utility.
- On the terminal run the Create-Printers-From-CSV-1.0.sh script to start the import process
- When the script is executed it will ask the remaining questions to make the import is successful.