iPrint Driver Migration script
The iPrint Driver Migration script is designed to use a NetWare repository and convert that repository one OS platform at a time into a format that the Linux Driver Store can understand. The script will then upload those drivers automatically into the Driver Store without using iManager.
Step #1 - Install and download the latest version of the iPrint Driver Migration script utility.
- Download https://www.novell.com/communities/media/iprint-driver-migration-2.0.tgz
- Open a Terminal window and type “su”.
- Enter root’s password.
- Extract the script from the tarball.
#tar –xzvf iprint-driver-migration-2.0.tgz
- cd to the iPrint-Driver-Migration folder.
- Make the script executable.
#chmod 755 iPrint-Driver-Migration-2.0.sh
- Access the Sys:\ndps directory on the NetWare server using the Novell Client for Windows
- Copy the resdir directoy over to the OES 2 or OES 11 server.
Note: Make note of the location that you copied the resdir to.
- On the terminal run the iPrint-Driver-Migration-2.0.sh script to start the driver upload process.
Note: This example assumes that the resdir directory was copied to the /tmp directory.
#./iPrint-Driver-Migration-2.0.sh -f /tmp/resdir/ENGLISH/Prndrv/
- When the script is executed it will ask the remaining questions to make the driver upload a success.
Note: iPrint Driver Migration script supports OES 2 and 11.