mennob Absent Member.
Absent Member.

1726 error with installing Canon iR3025

When installing Canon iR3025 printer through iPrint on a Windows 2000 workstation we receive error 1726 and the print spooler service stops. This also happens when creating a printer driver profile in iManager for this printer. I have tried several printer drivers for this printer. Different version, PCL5, PCL6 and PS. I also tried two versions of the iPrint client (4.32 and 4.38). iPrint is installed on a OES2 Linux server (SLES10SP1) and iPrint server version 6.0.20080422-0.2.1 is installed.

With the same drivers and iPrint client versions on a Windows XP station there are no problems. Too bad our client still has all Windows 2000 workstations.

Does anyone have another idea for me cause i ran out of it ..............
0 Likes
1 Reply
dlanning Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 1726 error with installing Canon iR3025

I've had this issue before with Canon printers. To correct it I had to use an older version of the driver. Sometimes I've had to try 2 or 3 versions until I could find one that won't crash the spooler. When I found a "stable" version I would use that for iPrint and upgrade individual workstations afterwards if necessary.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.