Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1641 views

5.1 SP7 to SP8

Server was 5.1 SP7 with 4GB of memory. I applied SP8 and NW51OS8A to the
server. After rebooting it gave me "NDPS Manager database index file is
corrupt. You may select "Resynchronize Database files" option in the
following menu to generate a new index file." So I did the resynchronize
which appeared to work okay and NDPSM then loaded.
However, utilization is staying anywhere from about 40 to 80% and dirty
cache buffers stay at about 20. If I unload NDPSM everything drops down to
about 0.
What should I try at this point?

I also noticed that when NDPSM loads it also gives an error trying to load
IPPSRVR. Is this a problem? We don't use IPP.

Since NDPS modules were upgraded from SP7 to SP8, is it okay to try
restoring the older IDX & DAT?

Thanks for your help,
Tim


0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 5.1 SP7 to SP8


Use the option to restore the NDPS database from NDS. If that doesn't work
(because for instance, the corrupted database is already running too long
and the backup also contains the bad database), then restore it from one
of the backup files created in the Manager's database directory
(NDPS\xxxxxxxx.PSM on the home volume of the manager). If that doesn't
help, recreate your database using the Manager's CSV file and the printer
agent generator:

http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&sliceId=&externalId=10092230

>I also noticed that when NDPSM loads it also gives an error trying to load
>IPPSRVR. Is this a problem? We don't use IPP.


This is just a cosmetic issue introduced by SP8 because SP8 contains some
iPrint components that make the NDPS Manager think that iprint is installed.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.6)
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 5.1 SP7 to SP8

I ended up recreating the database using the CSV file and that fixed my high
utilization problem.

I did not try to use the option to restore the database from NDS. I was
assuming that this option would try to use the PMSDBSAV files which I knew
probably already contained the "bad" database. Are these the files that the
restore option would use?

I did try to use a couple of the older PSMDBSV1 & 2 files, but they did not
work either.

Marcel - your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

"Marcel Cox" <cimetmc@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:N7gzh.380$DN1.129@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>
> Use the option to restore the NDPS database from NDS. If that doesn't work
> (because for instance, the corrupted database is already running too long
> and the backup also contains the bad database), then restore it from one
> of the backup files created in the Manager's database directory
> (NDPS\xxxxxxxx.PSM on the home volume of the manager). If that doesn't
> help, recreate your database using the Manager's CSV file and the printer
> agent generator:
>
> http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&sliceId=&externalId=10092230
>
>>I also noticed that when NDPSM loads it also gives an error trying to load
>>IPPSRVR. Is this a problem? We don't use IPP.

>
> This is just a cosmetic issue introduced by SP8 because SP8 contains some
> iPrint components that make the NDPS Manager think that iprint is
> installed.
>
> --
> Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.6)



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 5.1 SP7 to SP8

Tim wrote:

>I did not try to use the option to restore the database from NDS. I was
>assuming that this option would try to use the PMSDBSAV files which I knew
>probably already contained the "bad" database. Are these the files that
>the restore option would use?


Actually, the restore from NDS uses a databse saved to NDS. Normaly, once
a day, the NDPS Manager makes a copy of the NDPS database and saves it as
a stream file to NDS. However if the problem is a few days ago, then it is
likely that the NDS backup also has the problem file.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.6)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.