Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Verwaiser Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Access to iPrint-Manager

When I try to access browser based iPrint-Manager portal (https://192.168.x.y/psmStatus) I have to login using the supermanager-account "admin", no other account works.

Where can I set the rights (and in which way) for a single user, who has at least to delete aborted print-jobs left on our printers and other managing functions?

I've given this user managing rights to all printers and to the broker and manager object, but it doesn't work.

I think, it must be easy but I have no more idea to solve this problem.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Michael_Fleming Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access to iPrint-Manager

Verwaiser;2021870 wrote:
When I try to access browser based iPrint-Manager portal (https://192.168.x.y/psmStatus) I have to login using the supermanager-account "admin", no other account works.

Where can I set the rights (and in which way) for a single user, who has at least to delete aborted print-jobs left on our printers and other managing functions?

I've given this user managing rights to all printers and to the broker and manager object, but it doesn't work.

I think, it must be easy but I have no more idea to solve this problem.

Check out the iprint documentation. First off.. you want to be in iManager not the /psmstatus page.
Novell Documentation

Here are the print rights:
Manager

Tasks performed exclusively by the Manager are those that require the creation, modification, or deletion of objects, as well as other eDirectory administrative functions. Managers are automatically designated as Operators and Users, so they can perform all tasks assigned to those operator roles. Typical manager functions include the following:

Modifying and deleting Printer objects

Adding or deleting operators and users for a printer

Adding other managers

Configuring interested-party notification

Creating, modifying, or deleting printer configurations

Operator

Operators are automatically designated as Users, so they can perform all tasks assigned to Users roles. Printer management tasks performed by the operator include the following:

Performing all of the functions available through the Printer Control page

Pausing, restarting, or reinitializing printers

Reordering, moving, copying, and deleting jobs

Setting printer defaults, including locked properties

Operators cannot create, modify, or delete eDirectory objects or perform other eDirectory administrative functions.

User

Tasks performed by users include the following:

Submitting print jobs

Managing print jobs they own (users cannot copy, move, reorder, or remove jobs they do not own)

To simplify administration, the container a printer resides in is automatically assigned as a user for that printer, so all users in that container and its subcontainers can use that printer without being added to the list. You can delete the container from the list if you want to limit access to certain users, groups, or roles.
0 Likes
Verwaiser Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Access to iPrint-Manager

Michael_Fleming;2021885 wrote:
Check out the iprint documentation. First off.. you want to be in iManager not the /psmstatus page.

The basic role is to be able to delete hanging print jobs fromm others. psmStatus seemed to me to be the direct way (and iManager links to this page too).

I configured Role based Services (iPrintX) for the user, but he cannot get to the print job list. It comes:

Internal Server Error
IPP Error: 0xF01F4
HTTP Error: 500

The user has far ranging admin rights, what goes wrong?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.