Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1603 views

Add printer drivers

Hi,

I added a new printer. Then I went to add the print drivers for it and,
clicking on "Add From File" or "Add From System" produces the same "Error
on page."

Can some kind soul help me track this down?

Thanks
Bob
0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add printer drivers

On 2/11/2011 11:34 AM, Bob Crandell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added a new printer. Then I went to add the print drivers for it and,
> clicking on "Add From File" or "Add From System" produces the same "Error
> on page."
>
> Can some kind soul help me track this down?
>
> Thanks
> Bob


What browser are you using?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add printer drivers

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:54:40 +0000, Mr. Beer wrote:

> On 2/11/2011 11:34 AM, Bob Crandell wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I added a new printer. Then I went to add the print drivers for it
>> and, clicking on "Add From File" or "Add From System" produces the same
>> "Error on page."
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bob

>
> What browser are you using?

I.E. 8

I also forgot:
# cat /etc/SuSE-release
SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586)
VERSION = 9
PATCHLEVEL = 4

# cat /etc/novell-release
Novell Open Enterprise Server Linux (i586)
VERSION = 9
PATCHLEVEL = 12/16/2005 OES SP2

0 Likes
Michael_Fleming Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add printer drivers

What OS driver are you trying to upload? ie. if uploading Win 7 drivers you must be doing it from Win 7 pc.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add printer drivers

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:36:05 +0000, Michael Fleming wrote:

> What OS driver are you trying to upload? ie. if uploading Win 7 drivers
> you must be doing it from Win 7 pc.


Win XP SP3. I am on an XP workstation.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Add printer drivers

Bob Crandell;2075744 wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:36:05 +0000, Michael Fleming wrote:

> What OS driver are you trying to upload? ie. if uploading Win 7 drivers
> you must be doing it from Win 7 pc.


Win XP SP3. I am on an XP workstation.


I would start to look at the iPrint, Tomcat and apache logs for any errors.. Also make sure /etc/init.d/novell-idsd is running.

Thomas
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add printer drivers

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:06:02 +0000, thsundel wrote:

> Bob Crandell;2075744 Wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:36:05 +0000, Michael Fleming wrote:
>>

>
> I would start to look at the iPrint, Tomcat and apache logs for any
> errors.. Also make sure /etc/init.d/novell-idsd is running.
>
> Thomas


/etc/init.d/novell-idsd is running
No messages in idsd.log or ipsmd.log
/var/log/apache2/error_log has:
[Tue Feb 15 16:35:50 2011] [error] Failed to change_hat to
'HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT'

/var/opt/novell/tomcat4/logs/localhost_log.2011-02-11.txt has:
2011-02-11 12:02:24 StandardManager[/nps] Session binding event listener
threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: getAttribute: Session already invalidated
at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.getAttribute
(StandardSession.java:925)
at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.getAttribute
(StandardSessionFacade.java:124)
at com.novell.nps.sessionManager.DefaultPortalSession.getAttribute
(DefaultPortalSession.java:204)
at
com.novell.nps.authentication.AuthenticationManager.portalLogout
(AuthenticationManager.java:482)
at com.novell.nps.sessionManager.DefaultPortalSession.valueUnbound
(DefaultPortalSession.java:617)
at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.removeAttribute
(StandardSession.java:1127)
at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire
(StandardSession.java:599)
at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire
(StandardSession.java:572)
at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.processExpires
(StandardManager.java:746)
at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.run
(StandardManager.java:823)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

This is also in catalina.out.

Does this tell you anything?

Thanks
0 Likes
Michael_Fleming Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add printer drivers

Doesn't mean much to me.

Does this only happen for a specific driver on the 1 print driver store or any type of driver?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add printer drivers

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:06:02 +0000, Michael Fleming wrote:

> Doesn't mean much to me.
>
> Does this only happen for a specific driver on the 1 print driver store
> or any type of driver?


Any type of driver.
0 Likes
paul_allen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add printer drivers

Any resolution to this issue ?

Was a SR opened ?

I have a SR opened atm on a similar issue
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.