UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adding Drivers using SLED 10

When attempting to add a "System" driver to the Driver Store via a SLED 10 workstation I get a dialog box that contains nothing but garbled characters. The iPrint documentation states that I should be able to load System drivers from a Mozilla-based browser.

We have our iManager installed on OES2 running on SLES10 SP1. Both those systems are fully patched. The SLED 10 workstation is running Firefox 2.0.14 with the latest Java version 1.6.0 Update 5.

I'm researched numerous sites but have not found any solution. I have attached an image of the dialog box. Anybody have any suggestions?

Phil Arnold
University of Central Arkansas
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dundaur,

Do you have the iPrint Client, that's needed installed on the SLED box,
and if so what version of it?

--

Niclas Ekstedt Sr Consultant Atea Sverige AB
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I currently running the iPrint client for Linux, located here at Novell, version 4.26. The client version is 2.0 for SLED 10 SP1.

It's just strange that all the letters look like they do.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dundaur,

I'm not able to duplicate this from my SLED 10 SP1 box.
From the image supplied in your initial post, I note that
you're either using a custom theme or perhaps some custom
theme manager. If so, could you try disabling those and just
with the standard Gilouche theme?

--

Niclas Ekstedt Sr Consultant Atea Sverige AB
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.