Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1846 views

Adding printer driver "bad"

Hi All,

I have the following issue :
when adding a printer in windows XP by :

1) Printer & Fax ... add printer ... NDPS ... => OK (and all printer
properties are OK)

2) http:\\myiprintserv\ipp click the printer to add ... => OK (and all
printer properties are OK)

3) add printer by policies (iPrint) , I receive the printer and the
driver but the "shortcut" properties is empty (I should see duplexing
options)

I have tested this with iPrint 4.26, 4.28 and 4.30
for each test I delete the printer and the driver from XP.

any ideas are welcome.... of course

thank you
Pascal
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Adding printer driver "bad"

Pascal Schmatz wrote:

> 3) add printer by policies (iPrint) , I receive the printer and the driver
> but the "shortcut" properties is empty (I should see duplexing options)


Is this by using ZENWorks iPrint policy, if so what version of ZENWorks on
the server and on the workstation?


--
___________________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Systems Engineer/NSC Sysop
Telindus Sweden AB

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Adding printer driver "bad"

Yes this is by using Zen iPrint policies,

server is 6.5 sp5
NDPS broker is 3.0.11
NDPSM is 3.01.22
NPSMGW is 3.02.01

test made on workstation with agent 6.5.20 and 7.0.1.4

What's the difference between installing printer using
"http://server/ipp" and installing via ZEN iPrint policies

the printer is an HP3005

Niclas Ekstedt wrote:
> Pascal Schmatz wrote:
>
>> 3) add printer by policies (iPrint) , I receive the printer and the driver
>> but the "shortcut" properties is empty (I should see duplexing options)

>
> Is this by using ZENWorks iPrint policy, if so what version of ZENWorks on
> the server and on the workstation?
>
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Adding printer driver "bad"

TID(3786843) : Microsoft hotfixes needed for every iPrint client workstation

and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884897

might be helpful, I'll let you know

Pascal Schmatz wrote:
> Yes this is by using Zen iPrint policies,
>
> server is 6.5 sp5
> NDPS broker is 3.0.11
> NDPSM is 3.01.22
> NPSMGW is 3.02.01
>
> test made on workstation with agent 6.5.20 and 7.0.1.4
>
> What's the difference between installing printer using
> "http://server/ipp" and installing via ZEN iPrint policies
>
> the printer is an HP3005
>
> Niclas Ekstedt wrote:
>> Pascal Schmatz wrote:
>>
>>> 3) add printer by policies (iPrint) , I receive the printer and the
>>> driver
>>> but the "shortcut" properties is empty (I should see duplexing options)

>>
>> Is this by using ZENWorks iPrint policy, if so what version of
>> ZENWorks on
>> the server and on the workstation?
>>
>>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Adding printer driver "bad"

Pascal Schmatz wrote:

> What's the difference between installing printer using "http://server/ipp"
> and installing via ZEN iPrint policies


When installing using the URL the install is done using the user logged in
on the box. When using ZEN iPrint policy which is workstation associated,
the install is done using the system account, not the user account.
If the iPrint policy is user based instead of workstation based, does the
install work OK then?


--
___________________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Systems Engineer/NSC Sysop
Telindus Sweden AB

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Adding printer driver "bad"

Pascal Schmatz wrote:

OK, please do.


--
___________________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Systems Engineer/NSC Sysop
Telindus Sweden AB

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.