Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Airprint and multiple vlans

I am trying to get iprint 1.1 to work with vlans on wireless. We are currently using Ruckus wireless infastructure.
We have iprint running and working great in the same subnet for airprint. Our wireless solution has the capability
to pass airprint printers across vlans. This works great for hp printers that have bonjour on them and passes across
the vlans without issues. With iprint the printers configured only show up in the same subnet as the server. Should
this not work the same as the iprint printers themselves? Am I missing something that the printers can do that
iprint can not?

Thanks
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Airprint and multiple vlans

warper2;2331956 wrote:
I am trying to get iprint 1.1 to work with vlans on wireless. We are currently using Ruckus wireless infastructure.
We have iprint running and working great in the same subnet for airprint. Our wireless solution has the capability
to pass airprint printers across vlans. This works great for hp printers that have bonjour on them and passes across
the vlans without issues. With iprint the printers configured only show up in the same subnet as the server. Should
this not work the same as the iprint printers themselves? Am I missing something that the printers can do that
iprint can not?

Thanks

We use this solution: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7012895
That way you don't need to care about bonjour.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I was all excited to try after reading. Appears that the file is no longer available. Gets a 550 error.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

warper2;2332015 wrote:
I was all excited to try after reading. Appears that the file is no longer available. Gets a 550 error.

Ah true, you can provide TID feedback so that they get it fixed.. In the meantime I could send you that script if you PM me you email.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 04/09/2014 13:26, warper2 wrote:

> I was all excited to try after reading. Appears that the file is no
> longer available. Gets a 550 error.

Reported to Novell.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

warper2 wrote:

>
> I was all excited to try after reading. Appears that the file is no
> longer available. Gets a 550 error.

It's back.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
BrainShare 2014 is coming. http://www.novell.com/brainshare/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.