Highlighted
apr67 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Apache / iPrint Maps question.

I want to setup iprint maps on our oes 2 linux server.

Once I get the maps in the right folder I want a help desk type person to be able to move the printers around, add and remove them, etc.

It seems to do this I would need either need to publish the directory's that maptool is in and keep the maps and such in that same structure, or do something I fully admit I don't understand.

Right now do build or modify a map, I have to save it to my PC and the winscp it up to the server, I guess the other option would be pushing the drive via OES Netware and letting the help desk person map to that location?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Apache / iPrint Maps question.

I am looking for a better way as well - i migrated my iprint system to linux... Its not really elegant but I copy the iprint maps etc to a usb drive, then modify them with windows using the maptool and then copy them back to the linux server. I know there is a better way but I just havne't had time to research it.
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Apache / iPrint Maps question.

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:26:02 +0000, apr67 wrote:

> Right now do build or modify a map, I have to save it to my PC and the
> winscp it up to the server, I guess the other option would be pushing
> the drive via OES Netware and letting the help desk person map to that
> location?

Yes, create an NCP volume of that directory and give appropriate
permissions to the volume.

--
Joe Marton
Novell Knowledge Partner

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.