Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

App and QR Codes

We're running version 1.1 of the appliance, and version 1.1 of the app on iOS and Android, I'm curious about one of the QR code functions in the app. Everything I read says "scan a QR code to quickly connect your mobile device to a specific printer," which is working perfectly when I test it out. However, in the app where you'd enter the name or address of your server, there's another QR Scan function underneath that. Is that meant to populate the name of the server? I've tried to get that to work, but whenever I scan the generated code I get "Error: Invalid Printer QR Code" on the device. I didn't see anything in the documentation about scanning a QR Code to populate the server name, so I was curious if that is what that's meant to do. Thanks!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: App and QR Codes

Hi! I just experienced the same problem. How should the QR code look like 😕 They could add an example in the documentation I think.

Well, I just found out how it would be acceptable for the iPrint app. Syntax should be: ipp://iprintapp.domain.com/ipp/printername

Patrick Frontéri # GroupWiseR of Norway # Active part of the OpenHorizons and NetworkPartners.no Collaboration
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hehe... just found it in the documentation as well.... (https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b1b5pbfp.html#b1bh3u12)

Patrick Frontéri # GroupWiseR of Norway # Active part of the OpenHorizons and NetworkPartners.no Collaboration
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Was that working for attaching to a printer or a server? The QR codes I create to attach to a printer are working fine, but there's another QR Scan in the app where you would add a server connection, that's the one I'm wondering about.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.