Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Appliance updates

Hi,

What is the general feeling about how updates are being released for the iPrint appliance (and Filr) ?

Whilst it is good that the security patches are coming out quickly, I find that them being non-cumulative is becoming an issue when creating new appliances.

I personally would prefer either:

1. An adaptive cumulative update from the base version (e.g. 1.1) to current - so can be applied to any patch level and bring it to current.
2. Updated OVF so newly deployed appliances are up to date when created (or a method to create same)
3. Both of the above....

Cheers
Ian
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Appliance updates

On 02/11/2015 01:16 AM, iblackwood wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> What is the general feeling about how updates are being released for the
> iPrint appliance (and Filr) ?
>
> Whilst it is good that the security patches are coming out quickly, I
> find that them being non-cumulative is becoming an issue when creating
> new appliances.
>
> I personally would prefer either:
>
> 1. An adaptive cumulative update from the base version (e.g. 1.1) to
> current - so can be applied to any patch level and bring it to current.
> 2. Updated OVF so newly deployed appliances are up to date when created
> (or a method to create same)
> 3. Both of the above....
>
> Cheers
> Ian
>
>

it is coming a sp1 for the appliance with all current patches
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.