Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Appliance upgrade problem

Hi,

I can seem to get the iprintconfig.zip file to import from 1.0.1 on my new built 1.1 appliance. The Initial config Wizard continues to display 'Uploading file, please wait....'
I have tried four times now with no success. (ie & ff) As far as I can tell all of the files have been unpacked and copied after looking through the folders.

The export file is 290MB and I have placed the two VMs on the fastest (SSD) on the SAN.
I have tested and unpacked the zip file and it is ok.

Any suggestions

Breezer
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Appliance upgrade problem

breezer;2346900 wrote:
Hi,

I can seem to get the iprintconfig.zip file to import from 1.0.1 on my new built 1.1 appliance. The Initial config Wizard continues to display 'Uploading file, please wait....'
I have tried four times now with no success. (ie & ff) As far as I can tell all of the files have been unpacked and copied after looking through the folders.

The export file is 290MB and I have placed the two VMs on the fastest (SSD) on the SAN.
I have tested and unpacked the zip file and it is ok.

Any suggestions

Breezer

Did you try this: http://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b1bobe6c.html#b167r4nn

When upgrading iPrint appliance using the iPrint Appliance Management Console, the progress bar continues processing. This issue is caused by the automatic update feature of the web browser.

To work around this issue, close all open browser sessions, relaunch the browser, then wait for the browser update to complete before upgrading iPrint Appliance.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Still no luck,
I have looked at the log file and it is full of errors.
It can't connect to any of the ldap servers, They are there.
mysql says it needs su rights to set up
Each printer install is moaning that there is no accounting module (papercut)

On the new appliance I added the ip/dns settings,
then installed the four security patches
installed papercut.
exported the iprint zip from the old appliance (running iprint + papercut), imported with ie/ff/chrome none worked.

Iprint and papercut are supposed to work together, but it looks to me that as papercut is not operational on the new appliance iprint doesn't install properly.
Do I need to remove papercut/auditing from the old device before I migrate.

Any idrea

Breezer
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

breezer;2347060 wrote:
Still no luck,
I have looked at the log file and it is full of errors.
It can't connect to any of the ldap servers, They are there.
mysql says it needs su rights to set up
Each printer install is moaning that there is no accounting module (papercut)

On the new appliance I added the ip/dns settings,
then installed the four security patches
installed papercut.
exported the iprint zip from the old appliance (running iprint + papercut), imported with ie/ff/chrome none worked.

Iprint and papercut are supposed to work together, but it looks to me that as papercut is not operational on the new appliance iprint doesn't install properly.
Do I need to remove papercut/auditing from the old device before I migrate.

Any idrea

Breezer

Hmm.. Did you install the new appliance with the same ip and dns as the old one?

I would also try export the config from the old, shut it down, install the new with same address, name, passwd etc. Then import the config, reboot and after that I would apply the security patches.

I have no experience with papercut so I cant tell, sry.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I got Papercut NG 15 up on our iPrint appliance this past week. It works fine, I installed it per the Papercut guide for OES11 with one exception. I created ~/papercut on /vastorage not /home. Do you need to migrate from an old Papercut server? I did; it's pretty straight forward. Good luck.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.