Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2050 views

Broker problem

Hello,

Just started converting to NDPS from Queues. In order to do this I selected a server to setup for testing and servicing queues until I was comfortable with the system and ready to switch. This server call it "server_test" is a production server that currently houses all the queues. I created a broker_test and manager_test on this server and began testing and configuring the printer agents until I had the configurations I wanted.

Then I created the working broker "broker_print" and manager "manager_print" on what would be the new print server "server_print". I added all the final driver configurations I wanted to use and began setting up the work station to use this broker, manager, and PA's. I deleted all the printer agents in the manager_test and queues that were no longer used.

I intended to unload and remove the broker_test and manager_test. When I unloaded them the new print server began kicking up errors: Error (327682) occurred while creating a service registry reference. I reload the Broker_test and Manager_test on the old server. I found TID 10058960 and checked the SLP services. They only point to the broker_test. I check the slpda objects in Console One and they also only reference the broker_test.

I am thinking that be deleting the broker_test and Manager_test in NWAdmin this might fix itself, but I am not sure. Any ideas how I get SLP to reference the new broker and manager without the need to redo the entire system? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Ed

Ed Connelly
Briarwood College
connellye@briarwood.edu
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Broker problem

Connellye,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp
- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Broker problem

Found the problem. I had the misspelled the SLP Scope on the server hosting the NDPS system.



Ed Connelly
Briarwood College
connellye@briarwood.edu

>>> connellye@briarwood.edu<connellye.staff.BW> 12/23/2005 9:24:17 AM >>>

Hello,

Just started converting to NDPS from Queues. In order to do this I selected a server to setup for testing and servicing queues until I was comfortable with the system and ready to switch. This server call it "server_test" is a production server that currently houses all the queues. I created a broker_test and manager_test on this server and began testing and configuring the printer agents until I had the configurations I wanted.

Then I created the working broker "broker_print" and manager "manager_print" on what would be the new print server "server_print". I added all the final driver configurations I wanted to use and began setting up the work station to use this broker, manager, and PA's. I deleted all the printer agents in the manager_test and queues that were no longer used.

I intended to unload and remove the broker_test and manager_test. When I unloaded them the new print server began kicking up errors: Error (327682) occurred while creating a service registry reference. I reload the Broker_test and Manager_test on the old server. I found TID 10058960 and checked the SLP services. They only point to the broker_test. I check the slpda objects in Console One and they also only reference the broker_test.

I am thinking that be deleting the broker_test and Manager_test in NWAdmin this might fix itself, but I am not sure. Any ideas how I get SLP to reference the new broker and manager without the need to redo the entire system? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Ed

Ed Connelly
Briarwood College
connellye@briarwood.edu


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Broker problem

thanks for the report back


Suzanne Miles
Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection
http://support.novell.com/forums/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.