Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Browser IE and Chrome issues

Hi,

With IE 10 on Windows 7 64 bit, the iPrint client install properly (run as admin), but sometimes when a printer is to be installed, I get the error " the printer client is not installed".

With Chrome, everything seems to be installed (client and printer), but the printer does not work at all.

Firefox works fine.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re:Browser IE and Chrome issues

infocentrehec Wrote in message:

> With IE 10 on Windows 7 64 bit, the iPrint client install properly (run
> as admin), but sometimes when a printer is to be installed, I get the
> error " the printer client is not installed".
>
> With Chrome, everything seems to be installed (client and printer), but
> the printer does not work at all.
>
> Firefox works fine.

Which version of the iPrint Client are you using?

Does TID 7005438[1] help?

HTH.

[1] https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7005438
--
Simon Flood
Novell Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Browser IE and Chrome issues

smflood;2324518 wrote:
infocentrehec Wrote in message:

Which version of the iPrint Client are you using?

Does TID 7005438[1] help?

HTH.

[1] https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7005438
--
Simon Flood
Novell Knowledge Partner

TID 7005438 is very interesting.

"the printer client is not installed" happened in the past, and I can not be sure about exact releases.

I just did a test with Win8.1/IE11/iPrint 5.96, and "the printer client is not installed" still appears.

With Win7 64bit, "run as admin" is still required (AllowUserPrinters is already set to 3).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.