cafetom1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can not upload any drivers

Hello all,

I am running the latest iPrint appliance along with OES iprint. I am using a windows 10 1803, with the iprint client 6.16 and tried 6.16 ftf1.

I am trying to upload the HP universal print driver 6.6.5 driver, and I have tried several other drivers. I am using IE 10 and running it as Administrator. There are no errors in event viewer. IE hangs for about 15 seconds and just comes back to where I started with no upload.

At one time, there use to be a few windows patches that were needed beyond what was in the channel. I don't remember where to find them or even if they are applicable anymore.

I can not remember the last time the upload worked because it has been nearly a year since I uploaded any newer drivers.

Tom
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Can not upload any drivers

cafetom;2488470 wrote:
Hello all,

I am running the latest iPrint appliance along with OES iprint. I am using a windows 10 1803, with the iprint client 6.16 and tried 6.16 ftf1.

I am trying to upload the HP universal print driver 6.6.5 driver, and I have tried several other drivers. I am using IE 10 and running it as Administrator. There are no errors in event viewer. IE hangs for about 15 seconds and just comes back to where I started with no upload.

At one time, there use to be a few windows patches that were needed beyond what was in the channel. I don't remember where to find them or even if they are applicable anymore.

I can not remember the last time the upload worked because it has been nearly a year since I uploaded any newer drivers.

Tom

Have you tried uploading through iprntcmd?

https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance-2/iprint_admin/data/b1b0l4tx.html#b1d4tgts

Thomas
0 Likes
andreherzog Absent Member.
Absent Member.

cafetom;2488470 wrote:
Hello all,

Tom

Did you ever find a solution?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

andreherzog;2492092 wrote:
Did you ever find a solution?

Does this one help: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7023558 ?

Thomas
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On Thu, 06 Dec 2018 19:44:02 GMT, andreherzog
<andreherzog@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>cafetom;2488470 Wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am running the latest iPrint appliance along with OES iprint. I am
>> using a windows 10 1803, with the iprint client 6.16 and tried 6.16
>> ftf1.
>>
>> I am trying to upload the HP universal print driver 6.6.5 driver, and I
>> have tried several other drivers. I am using IE 10 and running it as
>> Administrator. There are no errors in event viewer. IE hangs for about
>> 15 seconds and just comes back to where I started with no upload.
>>
>> At one time, there use to be a few windows patches that were needed
>> beyond what was in the channel. I don't remember where to find them or
>> even if they are applicable anymore.
>>
>> I can not remember the last time the upload worked because it has been
>> nearly a year since I uploaded any newer drivers.
>>
>> Tom

>
>Did you ever find a solution?

Have you tried the command line?

iprntcmd -U <iprint_server> <username> <password> <path_to_inf_file>

I have found it to be much more reliable.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.