Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can we make the maps available on the appliance?

HI,

Not sure if I am just missing the obvious here but, I have installed iPrint 1.1 and created printers. I have now created a map with a printer on it, and it states I need to copy the IPPDOCS directory to a web server.....

In the documentation is states this is the /var/opt/novell/iprint/htdocs/ directory on a separate web server, BUT can I not just use the map I created on the Appliance itself?

I am sure I am just missing something simple here....

Regards,

Rob Collins
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Can we make the maps available on the appliance?

rob_collins;2346722 wrote:
HI,

Not sure if I am just missing the obvious here but, I have installed iPrint 1.1 and created printers. I have now created a map with a printer on it, and it states I need to copy the IPPDOCS directory to a web server.....

In the documentation is states this is the /var/opt/novell/iprint/htdocs/ directory on a separate web server, BUT can I not just use the map I created on the Appliance itself?

I am sure I am just missing something simple here....

Regards,

Rob Collins

You should be able to just put it on the appliance /var/opt/novell/iprint/htdocs and then to access it you point the browser to https://iprint.company.com/ippdocs/example.html but I'm unsure what happes when you upgrade the appliance so it's best to make a backup of the maps prior to upgrading.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Brilliant, that is it thanks Thomas.

Seeing the background but not the printers I have put on there but that is the next hurdle.

Thanks Again,

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

rob_collins;2346724 wrote:
Brilliant, that is it thanks Thomas.

Seeing the background but not the printers I have put on there but that is the next hurdle.

Thanks Again,

Rob

Well yes, that was just an url to an example html page, you need to change the url to the html map you created and saved in htdocs.

Good luck,

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI Thomas,

Yes I knew that, but my cached browser was messing with me, so after a refresh, and some work on the configuration of the printers all is good now.

Now my only problem is getting creative with the maps...:-)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.