MKR72 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot print barcodes

I have a problem at the moment, where documents containing barcodes printed through iPrint on a Windows 7 workstation will not print. It will only print the numbers of the barcode. It does work when you print to a printer not configured in iPrint. This is happening for all users and for many different printer makes and models. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I am new to iPrint so not sure what information to post here that would be helpful in resolving this issue.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot print barcodes

Hi!

iPrint does not 'know' what content you are printing. If some parts (e.g. Barcode graphics) are missing on the printed page it most probably is caused by to the printer driver itself or the printer driver configuration settings for the printer. Both things are local to your W7 workstations and not related to the iprint system.

I never experienced a situation where the iprint system changes(!) the core printer data going from the workstation to the printer. - and it must modify the data to just remove the barcode information and keep everything else (logos, text, etc.) intact. Do you have any other systems in place which might interfere with network transmissions?

IMO you'll need to cross-check the complete local printer configuration of a working and a broken printer.

Georg

>>> MKR72<MKR72@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 29.03.2016 03:16 >>>

I have a problem at the moment, where documents containing barcodes
printed through iPrint on a Windows 7 workstation will not print. It
will only print the numbers of the barcode. It does work when you print
to a printer not configured in iPrint. This is happening for all users
and for many different printer makes and models. Any suggestion would
be greatly appreciated. I am new to iPrint so not sure what information
to post here that would be helpful in resolving this issue.

--
MKR72
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MKR72's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=163291
View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=497590
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.