Highlighted
New Member.
1869 views

Cant upload Windows 8.1 Drivers

Hello folks,

I'm unable to upload printer drives for our Windows 8.1 clients. When I attempt to I get the following message.

"Uploading resources to the Driver Store from this operating system is not currently supported."

I'm using a bare Windows 8.1x64 install running client 5.98 to upload with.

The server is running OES11 SP2. The person responsible for the server tells me all relevant patches are in place for supporting the 8.1 clients but doesn't seem interested in troubleshooting this any further. It's not a box I have access to myself, however printing requests and problems are routed through me.

I have tried different browsers and elevation levels but I keep hitting the same wall.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-- Matt D. Miller Winnipeg School Division
Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Cant upload Windows 8.1 Drivers

On 27/01/2015 16:46, mmiller667 wrote:

> I'm unable to upload printer drives for our Windows 8.1 clients. When I
> attempt to I get the following message.
>
> "Uploading resources to the Driver Store from this operating system is
> not currently supported."
>
> I'm using a bare Windows 8.1x64 install running client 5.98 to upload
> with.
>
> The server is running OES11 SP2. The person responsible for the server
> tells me all relevant patches are in place for supporting the 8.1
> clients but doesn't seem interested in troubleshooting this any further.
> It's not a box I have access to myself, however printing requests and
> problems are routed through me.
>
> I have tried different browsers and elevation levels but I keep hitting
> the same wall.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.


Which web browser are you using?

TID 7014111[1] notes that one issue with iPrint and Windows 8.1 is being
unable to upload printer drivers or create printer driver profiles from
Windows 8.1 with the workaround to open Internet Explorer in "Run as
Administrator Mode" and add the iManager URL for Compatibility View.

HTH.

[1] https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014111
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Cant upload Windows 8.1 Drivers

Thanks for the reply.. Our OES guy did send me that TID and I followed it to the letter but still have no joy there.

-- Matt D. Miller Winnipeg School Division
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cant upload Windows 8.1 Drivers

mmiller667 wrote:

>
> Thanks for the reply.. Our OES guy did send me that TID and I followed
> it to the letter but still have no joy there.


Which version of the iPrint client do you have installed?

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
Supercharge your IT knowledge. http://www.novell.com/techtalks/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Cant upload Windows 8.1 Drivers

Were using 5.98.

-- Matt D. Miller Winnipeg School Division
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Cant upload Windows 8.1 Drivers

Well heres a dumb question. Ive googled it but I cant seem to find anything. But in the platform pulldown list should I see Windows 8.1 in that list or Just Windows 8? I was under the impression they used different printing subsystems and required different drivers.. I also on the server don't see folders set a side for nt_6.3.

Not sure if this helps.

-- Matt D. Miller Winnipeg School Division
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cant upload Windows 8.1 Drivers

mmiller667 wrote:

>
> Well heres a dumb question. Ive googled it but I cant seem to find
> anything. But in the platform pulldown list should I see Windows 8.1
> in that list or Just Windows 8? I was under the impression they used
> different printing subsystems and required different drivers.. I also
> on the server don't see folders set a side for nt_6.3.


When I look at the driver store on an iPrint 1.1 appliance, the
platform listed is "Windows 8/8.1 (64 bit)". I believe both OSes use
the same platform, and as long as you are running OES 11 SP2 with all
the latest maintenance updates you should have the same Windows 8.1
driver support there as well. Underneath resdir I don't see a
windows-nt-6.3 directory either which makes sense that we're able to
support 8 & 8.1 with the same driver platform support.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
Supercharge your IT knowledge. http://www.novell.com/techtalks/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.