sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Chrome App "Micro Focus iPrint Privacy Error"

warper2;2466683 wrote:
One can only hope. I may have found something. I decided to try using a cert from /vastorage/conf/certs directory and used the vaserver.crt to import into admin console to push. Still testing but so far no popups and such. Need to additional testing to confirm. If this seems to resolve it I will post back.

Where in GSuite admin did you add the certificate? I have an issue where our Chromebooks go to add a printer and because we use the self-signed certificate, there is the extra process of having to click the settings and then allow access. If the users want to install printers, they have to do this every time. If I could get the certificate to be accepted, I could just provide a printer link in the toolbar or even open the printer page on Chromebooks.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

FYI

iPrint Appliance 2.10.83
0 Likes
warper2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I gave up on that solution. I bought a 2 year wildcard cert for 80 bucks. Added it to iprint server and all headaches have been gone.
It works consistently.
0 Likes
sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, I seem to have resolved the certificate error by adding the iprint server DNS to the Certificate Transparency URL Whitelist. It is working without incident for now on the one Chromebook that allows printer installs.

Now, on all of my Chromebooks running Chrome OS 71, I open the <iprint server/ipp webpage to install printers and the tutorial windows pops up and can not be closed so the user can not install any printers.

Any ideas how I can stop that from popping up? I was thinking there must be a way to edit that out of the page but not sure where to find that info.

I have a wildcard cert for our domain but it is not reasonably transparent to me how to add it to the appliance.

Steve D.
0 Likes
dmantz Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

sjdimare,

Where or on which device is the Certificate Transparency URL Whitelist maintained? I wish I could help with the tutorial issue but we are not seeing that appear.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.