malcnoz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Consolidating Print Managers, Brokers, iPrint Printers on NW

We have 5 Servers that run NW65SP5 file and print and various other programs. I have been asked to consolidate around 500 iPrint Printers to 1 specked up server still runnung NW65. We are looking at a New Broker, Manager. I cannot find an easy way to do this without disrupting users and even then it seems a hard task. Is there any material showing how to accomplish this. I have had a look at SCMT but this didnt work for consolidating the printers.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Marcel_Cox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Consolidating Print Managers, Brokers, iPrint Printers on NW

malcnoz wrote:

>I have had a look at SCMT but
>this didnt work for consolidating the printers.

Look again. SCMT allows you to drag and drop printers between Managers.

--
Marcel Cox
http://forums.novell.com
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Consolidating Print Managers, Brokers, iPrint Printers on NW

I just used it to migrate a handful of printers in our office (went from NW 6 to NW 6.5), worked fine.

Now I need to figure out how to switch the printers to the new broker?
0 Likes
Marcel_Cox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Consolidating Print Managers, Brokers, iPrint Printers o

0 Likes
twohlford Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Consolidating Print Managers, Brokers, iPrint Printers o

I'm looking to do the same. However, I'm adding the iPrint Direct feature to mine since we never do audits of usage, and it will lower our traffic, and allow me to kill about 19 regional Managers (uh, let me rephrase that, I'll be able to unload NDPS Manager utilities on 19 regional servers).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.