Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Controled Printing

I get the impression you can do this but I'm not quite sure where to start.

My company has a student network and we want to have to approve things being sent before they are printed. The main goal would be to be able to assign someone's login to be able to approve print jobs going to a specific printer.

Can someone help get started with this?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is this NetWare or Linux? On NetWare, you can put a printer in operator hold mode. That means all jobs sent are automatically placed on hold until a user designed as operator fot hat pritner releases them. See the documentation here for details:
Novell Doc: OES 2: iPrint Administration Guide for NetWare - Managing Printers
Unfortunately, the equivalent functionality doesn't seem to exist in iPrint/Linux
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think that will do it, thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also trying to set this up, and as best I can tell you have to use iManager to relase the jobs- I have not been able to have the Operater relase them from the Windows print queue or the iPrint window- Is there a way to do that or do I need to create roles to allow the Operators or Managers to release teh jobs via imanager?
The document that the link you provided goes to only discusses using iManager to release jobs.

Marcel_Cox;1744208 wrote:
Is this NetWare or Linux? On NetWare, you can put a printer in operator hold mode. That means all jobs sent are automatically placed on hold until a user designed as operator fot hat pritner releases them. See the documentation here for details:
Novell Doc: OES 2: iPrint Administration Guide for NetWare - Managing Printers
Unfortunately, the equivalent functionality doesn't seem to exist in iPrint/Linux
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.