UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Corrupted and disappearing pritner agents. (OES2/Linux)

For about a month I've been having problems with printer agents which either disappear completely or their configuration gets corrupted.
Every few days I find that people can't print on their printers. It seems that out of 18 printers I'm having usually one or two agents are completely missing from the manager and I have to recreate them with apropriate `iprntman printer -c ...' command. And most of the other printers gateway load command seems corrupted. For example, iManager shows (in iprint manager configuration) gateways such as "iprintgw PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=192.168.101.23�". As you can see, we have a strange character after the IP, and the rest of the command just vanished. Sometimes it's like "iprintgw PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=192.168.101.36����NTERNAME=PASSTHROUGH".
When I connect to the iprint manager via WWW management interface it doesn't show the part after those strange characters at all, so it shows only "iprintgw PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=192.168.101.36".
It usually happens during the night, so in the morning it's already in such state. I don't think I'm doing anything that should change the server's state in the night. Just network backup to another machine. (and nds dump).
Any ideas where to look for a cause?
I'm thinking about downgrading iprint, is this a reasonable idea?
For now I'm using

# rug info novell-iprint-server
Catalog: system
Name: novell-iprint-server
Version: 6.0.20080422-0.2.1

BTW, I tried restoring previous state by copying psmdb.dat, as one of TID's says, but all I get is information about deleted printer agents for which I can make a redirection.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

ask Novell Support for patch "novell-iprint-server-6.0.20080613-1_dbg". This should resolv your problem. But you'll have to reinstall your corrupted printers.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sloeppy;1661768 wrote:
Hi,

ask Novell Support for patch "novell-iprint-server-6.0.20080613-1_dbg"

OK, thx. I'll try that.

This should resolv your problem. But you'll have to reinstall your corrupted printers.

You mean remove them completely - not only printer agents, but NDS objects too?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BTW, Is there any easy way to request such patch from the support team? On the whole Novell's site I can only find a way to make a request for a support, which - as I understand - requires an earlier bought subscription. I don't have no subscriptions, I have no CID (at least I don't know anything about it), I just want a patch for a bug, which is apprently not widely available.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mnietek;1662456 wrote:
OK, thx. I'll try that.

You mean remove them completely - not only printer agents, but NDS objects too?

Yes, I removed the printers with iManager, waited until they are completely gone in the padbtxt.xml in the manager-directory and then recreated them with iManager or iprintman.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mnietek;1662480 wrote:
BTW, Is there any easy way to request such patch from the support team? On the whole Novell's site I can only find a way to make a request for a support, which - as I understand - requires an earlier bought subscription. I don't have no subscriptions, I have no CID (at least I don't know anything about it), I just want a patch for a bug, which is apprently not widely available.

Novell released the Patch in the meantime:

NOVELL: Downloads

The patch deletes the file
/etc/opt/novell/httpd/conf.d/iprint_ssl.conf and creates a symbolic
link to the new file /etc/opt/novell/iprint/httpd/conf/iprint_ssl.conf.

If you modified this file, you should make a backup before installing the patch.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sloeppy;1664748 wrote:
Novell released the Patch in the meantime:

NOVELL: Downloads

Indeed. Thank you.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.